Cataclysm Player Survey- Male to Female Ratio

I’m actually with him here. Its just kinda a meh thing, like, I really wouldn’t care if I woke up female tomorrow. Its just probably never going to happen, well, as long as I am not kidnapped by a mad plastic surgeon hell bent on revengence that is.

Yes, this red text - especially in someone else’s posts.
Most people “cut it out” after being told to “cut it out”, especially when told to do so by someone with “moderator” under name.
Adding “or we’ll use mod powers” often projects more hostility than the offense (when it was unintended, at least).

Why are there so many choices? You really only need 2… MAYBE 3. All that extras kind of weird.

Speaking of red text, its basically the pimp hand of god here, cone down from the heavens to slap the shit out of someone to keep us in line. And 123456789, gender is weird, so having that many options is a good idea.

I think people are getting messed between sex and gender. Genders, well, everyone can love whoever they want! The more you love, the better. But we are born with one of two possibilities of sex at the start of our lives. So well, this thread is about genders; not sex, people! (I think? Though through the title it’s obvious that the original thing was to do a sex survey and not a gender survey)

There is no “AI - Identifies as female/male” option. I am disappoint.

Also, I think we can all admit we saw that male majority coming a mile away.

Gender is very heavily linked to sex, though. The male and female brains are wired differently, and from what I know, transgendered people ‘happen’ when during development the brain goes in the other directon. However, extremely rarely, people can be Agender too.

A lot of people confuse identification nowadays what with gender dysphoria being at the forefront of the media. It’s a very, very hard thing to understand, but from all I’ve researched I can tell this much:

NOTE: I am speaking from studying the phenomenon of gender dysphoria for a number of years since my best friend came out as MtF transgender to me. I am also speaking from the knowledge of her experiences, as far as she’s disclosed.

It’s perfectly normal to feel no strong connection to your sex - it’s also normal to feel a connection to it. A lot of people without gender dysphoria say they wouldn’t care what sex they are, as another person in the thread brought up if they were suddenly born a female. That’s because gender dysphoria is when you expect something different than what’s there, if you catch my drift. People without it don’t know what it’s like, and thus, don’t realize the psychological effects of not seeing what you should on your own body.

I feel like this is what started the whole neopronoun thing. When I see people using neopronouns, from my experience with my friend, it’s people who have a serious misunderstanding of gender dysphoria saying they have it because they don’t understand what it’s like to have it. The transgender/sexual community has worked for years to dispel the belief that they chose to portray themselves as the other sex, but that it’s changing to fit how they are inside - and I’ve seen people, mostly teenagers going through their identity crisis, claim that it is, in fact, a choice simply because they chose to call themselves xir/xhehe/lksdjcdsklcxeself. It’s reached the point where on social media sites such as Twitter or Tumblr or whatever, these people literally harass and drive out transgender individuals who are legitimately struggling, and call them scum while demonizing anybody else who dares to not inadvertently mock those suffering as well.

I am not the most masculine guy on the planet, far from it. I am not that strong, emotional and in several ways, feminine. But dammit, I am a man because when I look down, I expect to see what’s there. In the first world, people suffering with gender dysphoria are struggling with an extremely large lack of understanding, and the extreme financial burden in the need to express themselves as who they are inside. I just wish people would try to understand rather than reject anything that can make them feel less special in the world.

Eh, that’s just my ranting opinion, I suppose.

Though it’s extremely obvious that you are more informed on the matter, i think it’s ok to let anyone choose how to identify. For me all that stuff does not matter, you are a person and can like whatever other people you want, wether if you only want women or men. Yeah, it’s heavily linked and influences greatly, but i think that someone struggling with how they identify should work tht out themselves instead of just look down and think they have to follow whatever their sex is supposed to follow. Love is free! And sex is just a way to say how you are, not who.

I totally agree with you. I think you misunderstand - I’m just referring to gender identity. That can have little to no impact on who you’re attracted to and how you live your life. I’m totally neutral to traditional gender roles in that way - live your life the way you want to. You want to be a housewife? Go ahead. Stay at home dad? Go for it. Astronaut? Sure. Stripper astronaut? Probably not the best idea to do that in space, but it’s not my oxygen.

I totally agree with you. I think you misunderstand - I’m just referring to gender identity. That can have little to no impact on who you’re attracted to and how you live your life. I’m totally neutral to traditional gender roles in that way - live your life the way you want to. You want to be a housewife? Go ahead. Stay at home dad? Go for it. Astronaut? Sure. Stripper astronaut? Probably not the best idea to do that in space, but it’s not my oxygen.[/quote]

Hahaha, damn, i thought it was a good idea to be an stripper astronaut. Sorry to have misunderstood!

In vacuum, sans suit, you’ve got about 2 minutes maximum and are gonna need some amount of medical attention afterward. Oxygen is whatever you had in your bloodstream, as trying to hold your breath won’t end well.

Probably wouldn’t be much of a show, I’d imagine.

Folks complaining about moderation, well, rest assured I’ve been under tighter restrictions. shrug

[spoiler][quote=“Closet Pankin, post:27, topic:8857”][quote=“StopSignal, post:25, topic:8857”]I think people are getting messed between sex and gender. Genders, well, everyone can love whoever they want! The more you love, the better. But we are born with one of two possibilities of sex at the start of our lives. So well, this thread is about genders; not sex, people! (I think? Though through the title it’s obvious that the original thing was to do a sex survey and not a gender survey)[/quote]

Gender is very heavily linked to sex, though. The male and female brains are wired differently, and from what I know, transgendered people ‘happen’ when during development the brain goes in the other directon. However, extremely rarely, people can be Agender too.

A lot of people confuse identification nowadays what with gender dysphoria being at the forefront of the media. It’s a very, very hard thing to understand, but from all I’ve researched I can tell this much:

NOTE: I am speaking from studying the phenomenon of gender dysphoria for a number of years since my best friend came out as MtF transgender to me. I am also speaking from the knowledge of her experiences, as far as she’s disclosed.

It’s perfectly normal to feel no strong connection to your sex - it’s also normal to feel a connection to it. A lot of people without gender dysphoria say they wouldn’t care what sex they are, as another person in the thread brought up if they were suddenly born a female. That’s because gender dysphoria is when you expect something different than what’s there, if you catch my drift. People without it don’t know what it’s like, and thus, don’t realize the psychological effects of not seeing what you should on your own body.

I feel like this is what started the whole neopronoun thing. When I see people using neopronouns, from my experience with my friend, it’s people who have a serious misunderstanding of gender dysphoria saying they have it because they don’t understand what it’s like to have it. The transgender/sexual community has worked for years to dispel the belief that they chose to portray themselves as the other sex, but that it’s changing to fit how they are inside - and I’ve seen people, mostly teenagers going through their identity crisis, claim that it is, in fact, a choice simply because they chose to call themselves xir/xhehe/lksdjcdsklcxeself. It’s reached the point where on social media sites such as Twitter or Tumblr or whatever, these people literally harass and drive out transgender individuals who are legitimately struggling, and call them scum while demonizing anybody else who dares to not inadvertently mock those suffering as well.

I am not the most masculine guy on the planet, far from it. I am not that strong, emotional and in several ways, feminine. But dammit, I am a man because when I look down, I expect to see what’s there. In the first world, people suffering with gender dysphoria are struggling with an extremely large lack of understanding, and the extreme financial burden in the need to express themselves as who they are inside. I just wish people would try to understand rather than reject anything that can make them feel less special in the world.

Eh, that’s just my ranting opinion, I suppose.[/quote][/spoiler]
spoilered because massive. I mostly said that wouldn’t care thing because… Well, like you said, I haven’t the slightest what that would feel like. And on subjects or weird pronouns, I direct you to the futurama movie beast with a billion backs. And I think that most of the pronouns are ridiculous, and only to be used in event of having no idea as to someone’s gender.

TL; DR: Sex is what you are, gender is how you feel yourself like.

bingo.

I had thought about going the stripper astronaut route, but then ended up going the former car thief path.

As for the topic, I am female. I have no particular masculine or feminine mentality though, at least that I’m aware of.

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:35, topic:8857”]I had thought about going the stripper astronaut route, but then ended up going the former car thief path.

As for the topic, I am female. I have no particular masculine or feminine mentality though, at least that I’m aware of.[/quote]

Nice. I did think it was a bit weird to say feminine/masculine in the poll honestly.

[quote=“KA101, post:31, topic:8857”]In vacuum, sans suit, you’ve got about 2 minutes maximum and are gonna need some amount of medical attention afterward. Oxygen is whatever you had in your bloodstream, as trying to hold your breath won’t end well.

Probably wouldn’t be much of a show, I’d imagine.

Folks complaining about moderation, well, rest assured I’ve been under tighter restrictions. shrug[/quote]

W-would you ban me otherwise, senpaiiii?~ Baka!

[size=8pt]/s[/size]

No good can come from anyone knowing this information. I am male. These options vex me. If I recall there are only two sexes. Mabey three if you count rare chromosomal mutations.

Well chipdroid, it seems so far at least, that the Forum members stats are kind of mirroring my YouTube View Demographics.

Not complaining as in “it’s bad, fix now”, but more like “it’s OK, but could easily get worse”.

Contemporary DDA forums are one of those unusual places that don’t have neither the *chan-site amount of shitslinging, nor the “video game forums” levels of circlejerking. This gives some of that “muh freedoms” feeling from unmoderated places, while not having to bear being called a retard for disagreeing.
I bet it took few bans, redtext etc. but it is working now and I haven’t seen anyone contradict written rules (do we have written rules?) for a long time.

tl;dr Moderator presence > moderator action

Intersex is a thing. Colleague of mine is such and self-identifies as neuter. Mock not the non-binary folks plz.

Some folks’ assignment doesn’t match their self-concept. This indicates a faulty assignment. The person involved makes the calls on what/where to go from there.

I’m sure there’s something that could be improved in this poll, but all in all I’m quite pleased with the options offered.