Cataclysm: MGS - teaser trailer

Draft, first attempt. It’s for my next and final release. Phone camera, unfortunately, but still it ended up worse than I imagined. Beside that, I think it needs to be more dynamic, with shorter cuts. What do you think? How to make it better?

And also, can someone make me Metal Gear vehicle? That’s all I need now to finish this mod.

You have two options for the vehicle: Doom trike or Death Semi.

Trike: Three wheels-- or four, if you really want redundancy-- but then it’s not really a trike.
Spikes and blades, plenty of plating and powerful engines. Mount a few MGs or turrets.

Semi: Mobile base-tier. Should have enough plating and some extra wheels so that you can run down a house without feeling a thing.

Metal Gear?!: Turrets, mounted MGs and plasma weaponry. If we could mount an automatic grenade launcher Life would be so much better. I’ll play with making one but don’t expect much-- or soon.

Also why use a phone camera? just grab fraps. Anyway, looks intresting. what sound mod are you using?

[quote=“Iosyn, post:2, topic:652”]You have two options for the vehicle: Doom trike or Death Semi.

Trike: Three wheels-- or four, if you really want redundancy-- but then it’s not really a trike.
Spikes and blades, plenty of plating and powerful engines. Mount a few MGs or turrets.

Semi: Mobile base-tier. Should have enough plating and some extra wheels so that you can run down a house without feeling a thing.[/quote]

I thought there could be 10 or more wheels, if that would make it better in some way. Definitively lots of plating, and everything. There should also be more than one engine, I suppose, and I just never fiddled much with constructing vehicle, so I thought someone who did could easier come up with something better than I could.

Metal Gear?!: Turrets, mounted MGs and plasma weaponry. If we could mount an automatic grenade launcher Life would be so much better. I'll play with making one but don't expect much-- or soon.

You make some kind of Metal Gear, it needs to be huge, and if possible look something like this:

…and I’ll make rocket launchers, granade launchers, and rail gun that can be mounted on it. Plasma and laser rifle can already be mounted I think, so that would be complete Metal Gear arsenal if I haven’t missed something.

Also why use a phone camera? just grab fraps. Anyway, looks intresting. what sound mod are you using?

Not sure what you mean by “sound mod”. Music and sound effects are in the game. As far as I know only Cataclysm with music and sound effects is this Cataclysm mod, “Cataclysm: MGS”.

Fraps works only if video output goes through DirectX or OpenGL. Other similar software can do the job, but it slows the game down and video looks watered down, so it’s kind of worse apart from no shaking. On the other hand sound recording is much better, although it ended up being out of sync with the video for some reason.

Gameplay video-capture:

oh bugger, forgot the DX or OpenGL thing. Been awhile since I’ve used fraps myself, sorry about that lol. Also methinks it’s gonna be hard to craft a cute little rex. It might be able to look like it from a top-down perspective, I guess. I’m pretty sure we could do with using frames or boards as the strucuture, but it would be mostly just decoration. From an isometric perspective it would look like a damn 2D crab. Can’t wait until they implement Z-levels, maybe we’ll be able to make multi-Z vehicles then-- and if we ever get NPPs implemented I can see vehicle mounted-coilguns becoming the reality for stealthed ICBMs. Hell, if we use those isometric viewers from Dorf fort we cou-- Holy shit. I forgot about dwarf fort.

Brb, Carving a mountain into the likeness of metal gear rex equipped with a railgun that fires magma-laden railcarts with gun turrets consisting of crossbow and legendary siege ops dorfs to mimic the underslung laser and coaxial MGs. Creating a second mountain out of some insanely hard-to-craft alloy (probably soap) as metal gear ray into which an aqueduct is funneled, utilizing a diverse network of pressure systems to use it as a water laser. Those that attempt to invade my fortress bunker shall see the two duking it out eternally-- or at least until the pressurized water and pressurized magma manage to coat the world in obsidian. Maybe I should make that mountain range of big boss, zero and the rest that bleeds magma too, because the MGS series is all about manly tears and awesome mechs.

Dwarf fort: Where Minecart + Estoric Physics = Weaponized Linear Minecart Accelerator.

Y’know, some guy near me snuck out parts of a cruise missile from an arms factory and built one at home, just to prove he could. Yes, he was arrested iirc-- and yes, in a survival situation you’re not gonna be able to get factory-standard parts without raiding a factory or making them in lab conditions yourself-- not to mention it would be a very labor intensive, single-shot program unless you managed to fabricate a large enough launching apparatus with magazine space and automated loading mechanism, which would pretty much quadruple the man-hours required, if not quintuple or sextuple it. But making a stealthed nuclear ballistic missile in a roguelike with scavanged fuel rods from a NPP? freakin priceless.

And yeah, for the multi-wheels thing I got the idea from looking at the semi trailers that are already ingame. Two wheels to each wheel hardpoint would certainly mean you can blow a few wheels without significantly making a dent in your performance. Of course, that would mean a larger vehicle and requiring a larger or more engines, preferably both.

[font=courier]
t|
t"" |^|
+#o\ | |
/===–/-\ |
|—| ||
|------/-/
/| toot ||
|t \ ## / t|
| ##| |## |
–/ --/
[/font]

Something like this maybe.

Metal Gear ZK-mk1:

P - mounted plasma rifle
F - mounted flamethrower
R - mounted rocket launcher (x2)
T - mounted M249 turret (x2)

3x gasoline engine
4x electric engine
1x plasma engine
4x solar panels

4x 19" wheels
2x 15" wheels
2x 12" wheels

Metal Gear Zombie Killer in action:

How the hell do I put this in the game now? Is there some parser to get vehicle data from the save file, or something?

Final mission gameplay (“Escape”): http://youtu.be/Teexm0Pr3UI

Very yes.