Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.8 Romero released

[quote=“KA101, post:40, topic:3053”]Something worrisome I heard: what’s the proportion on ice labs? The original proposal was 50%, and now I’m hearing 100%. The latter would make a fair amount of otherwise-decent stuff practically inaccessible.

Thanks much.[/quote]
It’s 50% IIRC.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:41, topic:3053”][quote=“KA101, post:40, topic:3053”]Something worrisome I heard: what’s the proportion on ice labs? The original proposal was 50%, and now I’m hearing 100%. The latter would make a fair amount of otherwise-decent stuff practically inaccessible.

Thanks much.[/quote]
It’s 50% IIRC.[/quote]

OK, thanks. Came up on a wiki talk page. Will look into that at some point.

I’ve heard that there were problems on windows specifically where setting the spawn rate to less then 1 will automatically reduce it to zero. Sadly I can’t replicate currently, which makes fixing the bug difficult.

Thanks to i2amroy, we have a mac build!

There’s mouth encumbrance now, how wonderful.
Being able to drag small vehicles around is pretty useful, I’ve been dragging motorcycles into alleyways for use as blockades, but they are extremely awkward to move in anything but straight lines, and they occasionally turn at ridiculous angles.

As far as the revival mechanics go, I’d rather see pulping the first resort and have butchering take more time. Also, can a zombie necromancer revive a pulped corpse? If not, maybe they should be able to. This would encourage burning and butchering as more reliable but time consuming methods.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:45, topic:3053”]There’s mouth encumbrance now, how wonderful.
Being able to drag small vehicles around is pretty useful, I’ve been dragging motorcycles into alleyways for use as blockades, but they are extremely awkward to move in anything but straight lines, and they occasionally turn at ridiculous angles.

As far as the revival mechanics go, I’d rather see pulping the first resort and have butchering take more time. Also, can a zombie necromancer revive a pulped corpse? If not, maybe they should be able to. This would encourage burning and butchering as more reliable but time consuming methods.[/quote]

Ugh, enough folks are complaining about corpse-disposal already. No need to make it worse. :-/

Technically there has always been mouth encumbrance effects, it’s just that the game didn’t actually apply said effects.

Trust that smashing will be generalize to be as simple as butchery is now (A simple “Smash this Y/N?” prompt will work) before butchering is expanded.

the large tileset doesnt have my game window resize to show 12 x 12 tiles, im left staring at something that is more 3 x 6 and any zombies that are farther away than that but closer than 12 x 12 dont show up on my compass radar. not to mention 3 x 7 is just unmanagable. anyone know how i can resize the window? until then ill just use the other tileset.

Hmm. What’s the difference between SDL and GDI? I’ve no idea what they mean.

In short, SDL == tiles (GDI (ncurses on linux) plays in terminal in pure text)

Thanks to i2amroy again, we now have a mac SDL build as well.

i see the comment about russian and chinese translators. any idea how popular the game is over there?

I have a problem with the Mac version(the curses one). When I try to launch the cataclysm_launcher, the game don’t start, and the terminal tell me that the library didn’t load, and the reason is: “Image not found”…
I am doing something wrong?

Ps: I’m not English, so I apologize for any spelling errors

Kemiatan: can you try running it directly from a terminal by navigating to the directory and running “./cataclysm”?

well, I’m not very familiar with the terminal, so I have no idea how to do that… can you tell me what i must write in the terminal? thanks

An easy way to do it would be to download the SDL mac version and copy/paste the run-cataclysm.command file from that into the curses version. Then open up the run-cataclysm.command file (textedit works fine for this) and change “./cataclysm-tiles” to “./cataclysm”. Then just double-click the run-cataclysm.command file and it should be the same as running it through the terminal.

not working, it give me the same error…

Can you copy-paste everything in the terminal window that pops up when you run it then? Also what version of OS X are you running?

[spoiler]Last login: Tue Sep 17 20:09:59 on ttys000
iMac-of-MyName:~ MyName$ /Users/MyName/Desktop/cataclysmdda-OSX-0.8/run-cataclysm.command ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/MyName/Desktop/cataclysmdda-OSX-0.8/./cataclysm
Reason: image not found
/Users/MyName/Desktop/cataclysmdda-OSX-0.8/run-cataclysm.command: line 3: 2480 Trace/BPT trap: 5 ./cataclysm
logout

[Processo completato][/spoiler]
And I’m using MacOSX 10.7.5 lion

The problem is it can’t find the internationalization library. Not familiar enough with OSX to know why or how to fix it though.