Cataclysm, classic Zombie Survival. In progress

Thanks for the update, I feel good that generated a few zombies on farms, then remote areas will not be safe.

New Build released! Farms and all kinds of neat things.

Quick update, cabins are kinda halfway done, AND more importantly, I have started fixing colors for the windows users. So you will no longer have colors that are so similar. This is a big deal IMO. That means maybe I can go back to the old map style.

Thanks Oddzball!! downloading

I havent posted a new update yet, just letting folks know what ive been working on.

OK, waiting…

I am really enjoying this but I think there are way too many wolves. my problem is not dying, I have no problem killing them most of the time. I just think it’s annoying that every 10 minutes(game minutes) I need to kill another one of those bastards… If you could make them almost always spawn in packs but less frequently(so they are not in every corner) that would be awesome.

Also I still come across with wolf spiders and other spiders. Do you have any plans for them?

[quote=“tolga, post:67, topic:156”]I am really enjoying this but I think there are way too many wolves. my problem is not dying, I have no problem killing them most of the time. I just think it’s annoying that every 10 minutes(game minutes) I need to kill another one of those bastards… If you could make them almost always spawn in packs but less frequently(so they are not in every corner) that would be awesome.

Also I still come across with wolf spiders and other spiders. Do you have any plans for them?[/quote]

I plan to remove them, or alter them. just havent gotten that far. Also, how often are you running into wolves… it shouldn’t be that much, its only like a frequency of 4…

New build posted! Lots of new features, check it out. Also, lowered wolf spawn, as requested.

I am living in a house in forest and I am able to read a book only 2 or 3 times without closing the curtain in the room. Also everywhere is filled with wolf and cougar %'s because I am tired of butchering them. I don’t know… I think I should be able to walk at least for 20 minutes without coming across with a wolf or a cougar.

Edit: Played build5 for half an hour, found a motorcycle and then found a cabin. Only encountered one wolf pack and I was nearly dead. Everything is awesome now, thank you! :smiley:

I really like the colors, too!

Hey Oddballz. I feel my zombies reinvented post has some relevance to this mod. I think it would make them more classic zombie. What do you think?

Huge Update! Great Oddzball! Thanks

This is simply exquisite!

Great work so far, loving the additions (sorry I couldn’t be more/any help with the map gen!) and it’s starting to really pull together now!

Just been thinking for the next release it might be good to look at the char gen. and get rid of the android, night vision and robust genetics traits and change the intelligence description. It’d be a quick fix which would separate the CZS fork a bit further.

I also have to say, I’d kind of like to see wolves gotten rid of completely at the start ( it’d be really good to have them later but I don’t know if it’s possible to spawn them after worldgen?) as they’re a huge pain at the start of the game, and no matter how hardcore we want it, dying as soon as you leave the shelter is just annoying/pointless as there is no way to defend yourself against them. Perhaps they could wander off after not too long? this would mean you could wait them out perhaps?

As many people have commented, DDA is supposed to be set a few days after, so wolves wouldn’t really have encroached inwards after just a few days, and they hardly ever attack unprovoked (especially if there was other food around, which there certainly would be) so lore wise it works well too.

I think getting some starter pack, or starting with a random weapon (IE melee with being really lucky getting a low cal pistol with a few extra rounds). Another option would be, once NPCs are fixed, making the first NPC special and have them give you a quest and a weapon of some kind to do the quest. Even if it is only a basic melee weapon.

A starter pack is probably a good idea, even if it was just a heavy coat, bottle of water and a pen knife (which are reasonable items to have brought with you). However, I still imagine lots of people immediately dying from wolves/wildlife and getting annoyed by it. Another idea could be to make the immediate area around the shelter spawn free?

I think that’s a good idea. I will get the starter pack in.

Also, yes i can make wolves spawn after map gen.

I don’t have a problem with the things you are asking, so I will use them for my Build 5-1 update.

ODdballz, did you ever read my zombies re-invented post? I was curious what you’d think of implementing it in this?

Yeah, im considering some of it. I am taking a break for a a few days though, so i dont know when I’ll have the next update.

Oh cool. Thanks. Not trying to rush you, was just curious what you thought of it. :slight_smile: