Cap rate of time passing when you do things

Hi there.
Is there a way to let you define how fast time passes when you do certain things like crafting, fishing etc.?..
For me it puts me in a hurry even if i try to play the game slow paced. If i start fishing at 7am and it takes only 5 seconds RL time to reach 14pm in the game, i start to feel rushed.
Im thinking of a option to cap the time passing by in the game compared to RL, where erveryone can choose for their own. Maybe 10 min ingame is 1sec in RL as a standard?!
Whould this be possible?

1 Like

Which version are you playing? I’m on git master -1month and the maximum interval is 30minutes, and even then only when sleeping. Crafting is done in 5 minute intervals.

1 Like

Experimental Build #11498

This would be a great feature and could help people not get too weary too quickly or have all their fish rot while they’re standing there fishing.

If you want time to pass more slowly, just fill out more of your map.

I would kind of like this as a feature. Whenever i’m reading a book I feel I need to keep a hair-trigger above the “5” so I don’t accidentally spend the entire day learning just how to swim.
It would be nice if they let you choose how long you want to read, like how you can so with sleeping or excercising

2 Likes

There does exist a feature to set alarms in the | menu, and that will interrupt whatever activities you are doing.

1 Like

More map reveal is no option for me. I have a Ryzen 5800, i cant imagine how much map i have to fill out to have an impact on the time passing by

Cant find such option, neither in the keyboard settings nor in options.
Im have a QUERTY layout, do you know where the keybord button is there?
If it is imposible to code an option that lets time pass by in a speed that every player sets, would it be posible to let you do things in an timespan you choose when starting to to things.
Like if you activate fishing, let a window pop up where you can choose how long you like to fish, like to craft, like to read etc…?!

Are you on Linux? You can limit cdda’s processor use

cd /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu
mkdir cdda
cd cdda
pgrep catacl > tasks
echo 10000 > cpu.cfs_quota_us

you can replace 10000 with anything between 0 and cpu.cfs_period_us.

Im on Windows10…
Can this be done on Windows?

You can change the key here (press ?).

Make sure you have something that can set an alarm.

1 Like

Are you complaining about game optimization?!

2 Likes

If you like to call it complaining and feel offended by my question, then i am sorry about that.

1 Like

Perhaps use an in-game phone or something to set an alarm? I can’t off the top of my head say if that would interrupt the activity.

it would. i implemented it for exactly this purpose.