Cannot confirm overmap autotravel

Attempting to try overmap autotravel to get to the end of a sewer line that I’m exploring, but while I can select a route by pressing W, pressing W a second time does not confirm the route. Only suspicion that I have on this is that I selected a route, exited the map to check start time, and went back in. However it seems to have kept the route in memory somewhere, as it still displayed the selected route after I got the map back open. So maybe it is in some weird state where it things I’m at a different step than I actually am.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Image of route
cdda_autotravel

Edit: it lets me confirm a route on the surface, but not underground for some reason. Is autotravel just disabled underground? If so, there should really be an error message informing the player of that, when they try to confirm.

Yeah, I was never able to get it to work on a different Z level. Only seems to work on the surface. I agree there should be some way of relaying that to the player.

EDIT: Or make it work underground. I had to manually walk through basically a full overmap tile I’d previously walked through. Rail systems are no joke x_x

It dosnt work underground, ill fix that.

I’m going to assume that’s not sarcasm and that you’re generally just awesome and helpful and not mad at us for complaining a little.

When I say ill fix something, I do.

2 Likes

Fixed https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/35785

3 Likes

“Your errors fixed in only an hour, or your money back!” ~dpwb, 2019

well it was a 1-line bugfix :stuck_out_tongue:

But a very appreciated 1-line bugfix. Thanks.