Can my map be Fixed?

Hi,

Somehow my map generated lots of ‘abandoned drive-throughs.’ This building also overwrote some of my existing points for reason. For example my base in an evac shelter shows location as ‘abandoned drive-through.’ I’ve also seen a LMOE showing the same thing. Moreover I’ve seen large areas (eg. 4x7) marked as abandoned drive-throughs.

Can I somehow revert back to the original locations (eg. evac shelter actually shows location as evac shelter?) and/or remove all the excess abandoned drive-throughs?
I think this location is overwriting many others…I haven’t found a dairy farm yet. In my previous savegame I found plenty of them, none so far in this game. I need my milk and a reliable source of organs dangit!

Thanks.

Sounds like a mod or something is interfering with your overmap tags. Sounds like whatever is creating drive-throughs has a bug in it. I’d figure out what mod it is and look for the overmap json to check the code. Modifying the line of code might prevent additional ones popping up seeing as the world is procedurally generated.

Of course, this is speculative.

These drive-throughs are from desert region. Did you change you region settings midgame?

I’ve been getting them too actually, I just thought it was a new building as I’ve never used the desert option.
I’ve got no mods running that should add anything like that and it’s still set to default after checking.

I didn’t know the region settings existed (and hence never changed it). Nevertheless I searched and found ‘default region type’ = default.

These are my mods:

[
“dda”,
“growable-pots”,
“makeshift”,
“Medieval_Stuff”,
“More_Survival_Tools”,
“modular_turrets”,
“Salvaged_Robots”,
“hydroponics”,
“Mining_Mod”,
“mutant_npcs”,
“deoxymod”,
“blazemod”,
“Tanks”,
“No_Fungi”,
“StatsThroughSkills”
]

On first glance they don’t indicate anything about adding more locations/buildings. Yeah I’ll try to find that code and modify/reduce the number of drive-throughs.

If it helps, these are the mods I’m using:
[
“dda”,
“no_npc_food”,
“aftershock”,
“ArmUpPAUtil”,
“Medieval_Stuff”,
“makeshift”,
“More_Survival_Tools”,
“modular_turrets”,
“alt_map_key”,
“mutant_npcs”,
“zets_hair_extensions”,
“deoxymod”,
“blazemod”,
“Tanks”,
“more_classes_scenarios”,
“DP_No_Highlight”,
“DP_AMAZING_CHEST_INDICATORS”
]

I’ve been getting it for the third time now.

Supposedly it’s already fixed. I updated my game and now still get those drive-throughs. Perhaps they’re generated before I updated. For me, they don’t overwrite areas that I have explored (though they still change the glyph of that tile on the world map), so there’s no worry about losing my base to those.

edit: The discourse preview shows that it’s “opened” but actually it’s already merged.

1 Like

I think it’s fixed now, I’ve travelled for about 1000 km (thanks Refugee Center spawn) and haven’t encountered it again.