Can you split stackable items?

I have a stack of 500 .44 ammo that I found in…well I won’t say in case it’s a spoiler. Anyway this stack of ammo weighs 80 lbs. I only want to carry 20 or so rounds with me but I can’t find anyway to split the stack into smaller units. Either I carry 500 bullets or none.

Am I missing something?

You can split stacks of items when dropping them from your inventory using either d or D.

Hit the key for the item you want to drop, then type the quantity you wish to drop, then hit the key for the item again.

[quote=“MarkB, post:2, topic:2473”]You can split stacks of items when dropping them from your inventory using either d or D.

Hit the key for the item you want to drop, then type the quantity you wish to drop, then hit the key for the item again.[/quote]

Also works the other way around, in the drop screen type number of how many you wish to drop then select the stacked item. It will change to a ‘#’, Enter to confirm.

i’ve tried it and it doesn’t seem to be working. you sure there isn’t another key to press?

If for d = 100 batteries.

You don’t need to hit d first. Just type the number you need, and then hit d.

After you hit d, you’ll notice that the drop symbol for batteries will be different than normal dropping.

it’s still not working :frowning:

So say you had 100 arrow shafts in your inventory…

a = sewing kit
k = hammer
N = 100 Arrow shafts

Now lets say you want to drop 50 of those Arrow shafts.

Press ‘d’ to open drop menu.
Press ‘50’ to select a quantity to drop.
Press ‘N’ to select the stacked item.
Press Enter to accept the drop.

You should be left with…

a = sewing kit
k = hammer
N = 50 Arrow shafts

Not much else to it, could be possible that the build you have is buggy with the drops but very unlikely.

Hope this helps

oh, does this only work with ammo?

either that or .71 is messed up.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:2473”]oh, does this only work with ammo?

either that or .71 is messed up.[/quote]

It works with any stacked item. And I’m on a fairly recent version of .71 and it works fine.

What it won’t do is split up volume in containers - so if you have, say, a Plastic Canteen of Water [6], you can’t multidrop to remove three portions of liquid from the canteen.