Can storms move items?

That storm over florida made me thinking;
When I finish with a house normally I haul the lot outside the front door, to pick up later.

I havent seen a portal storm, but while wind is simulated, light enough items or debris is not blown around. Like it did in real life recently.

Could that be included? So that at wind speed above x we have paper move. Then at 100+ bigger items that arent that heavy. Then at 250+ km/h trees could be dislodged.

I can imagine a tree trunk falling and smashing glass in a car being modeled.
Also from where wind comes and whats in between the wind and the object should be modeled.
Small debris could catch in one spot, so leaves and other things pile up near bins or on walls.

Sounds like a lot, but could be another feature of realism, although I can already imagine some people find it not good when their notes get blown away.

1 Like

It is worth mentioning that the design goal is Verisimilitude, not realism. IE, “Feels realistic” and I’m not sure people have the same feeling about what a portal storm incurs as effects.

That being said, I don’t think its a terrible idea or anything, just think it’d be a lot of developer effort for a very marginal gain - Shuffling items doesn’t really contribute much, and damaging vehicles more or less “at random” is just going to be mildly frustrating. Finding a developer who wants to do it would be the hard part, not sure what the overlap is between stormchasers and hobby developers is.

1 Like