Call for: basements and caves

“It belongs in a museum!”

“Noctifer’s incredibly loot bloated Mansion Basement Emcampments™”
(?

Though, to be honest, we need indeed more.
Maybe make a version with some stuff broken and no books? Or a burnt one with ashes all over the place? That could be nice! Nice work, really.

I guess I went over board, Guess I will change the books to be more novels?

Not quite to the point of coding yet, but just wanted to shout out to a community working hard to make basements more mundane/lived in!
Impressive dedication.

The lack of unfinished basements/in-progress basements really tends to surprise me. You’d expect to see a lot of people renovating them (Almost half of everyone I know in real life is in an eternal state of renovating the basement), and it’d be a good source of early weapons and tools. Stuff like hammers, saws, drills. Valuable late and early game, for equipment early on and batteries/parts late game, without going full crazy with laser rifle level loot.

What about flooded basements, or basements full of junk?

Flooded won’t work well due to lack of proper liquid mechanics. Junk ones already exist.

basements can house some of the more eccentric items CDDA has.

Like goldfish bowls, clown shoes, furry suits, maid outfits, BDSM outfits, Touring suits, etc.

Basements and attics are storage spaces as much as minibars and mancave and extended family rooms. They can also be bedrooms, libraries, etc.

I recommend we make a basement for some of these.