[C.2858] Can't mass scrap piles of clothes anymore

I can no longer stand over a pile of junk and (B)utcher to mass scrap everything. The game says no corpse to butcher or it will attempt to disassemble the top item only. Further key presses result in the no corpse message. I’m surprised no one has reported this yet since the easy scrapping of junk was a real keyboard/sanity saver.

I though it was the aftermath of the multi-use-item rework, but it seems to work on my side.

Do you have an item that can cut clothes when used? Old system checked for an item with cutting quality, new one wants specifically an item capable of cutting clothing. So a pocket knife should work, but a toolbox won’t (it’s easy to update the toolbox to allow that, though).

I’ve picked up a few steak knives, hunter knives. I’ll hack in a few other knives to test if it might just a json error.

[edit] It seems the system stopped looking at knives that are not sitting in inventory when determining whether you have a knife for scrapping actions. Wielded and stashed knives don’t count. Once I had at least one knife in inventory, mass scrapping is enabled again.

thanks for the feedback, that is a bug then, and an easy one to fix. (one that keeps happening over and over again sigh)

Added back long salvage with wielded and worn items, but didn’t manage to add it to sheathed items.

Re: your comment about it being difficult to fix for sheathed items - is it possibly to make the sheath virtually a tool for this purpose? Is that too hacky?

Probably doable, but it may be harder than it sounds.
The problem is that uses are assigned to item types rather than instances of items.

It may be as simple as adding an use function getter to item. If this is the case, it is easy and will also be useful for item action menu.

I’ll check if it’s as easy as I think it is.

EDIT: Was a bit more complex than I thought, but I got it to work.