Bunch of small bugs and oversights 2

First bunch: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8505.0

Version: 0.B

I found a Vault in the sewer, but it has a bug. There was a two rows of metal doors next to a wall.

Got a “DEBUG: Missing item (check item_groups.json): tanning_peltmodern” message after i downloaded the tanning fur pelt recipe from an encrypted science SD-memory card.

Also, there is an “undefined-tanning_peltmoderns” in the artifacts.gsav. Maybe it is related, maybe it is just an improbable coincidence.

In the player.cpp file the player::get_armor_cut_base function give cut protection to the right leg not to the right arm if player has a bio_armor_arms.

Several times happened, i set my alarm to wake me up in 9 hours, but it’s wake me up after 4-6 hours.

I found a subway station without lower level stairs, i have to descent with a rope. Maybe some other field like rubble overwrote the stairs?

“Frostnip - face” status turns into “Defrosting - head”. which is misleading because head and mouth warmth calculated separately.

In vehicle a clothes with too much volume to hold in the inventory dropped to the ground not into the vehicle.

Leading wind affects the character inside a closed vehicle.

I found a lab where one of the down stairs led to a locked prison cell.

There is no way to see the ambient temperature and there is no tool for that, except a debug tool, but it shows the surface temperature inside the lab.

My body temperature stuck on Chilly (Rising!) for days now. Before that i gained a bunch of mutations and then purged some of them, like Reptilian Muzzle, Chemical Imbalance, Genetically Unstable while the tempeture was chilly because i was unable to protect my mouth against the cold. If i wear a some clothes i can reach warm status, but never comfortable.

| Year 1, Autumn 9, 10:37:24 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Infection Resistant’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 10:37:24 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Parasite Immune’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 11:14:48 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Fast Metabolism’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 11:14:48 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Pain Resistant’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 11:14:48 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Strong’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 11:53:42 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Lightweight’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 14:06:24 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Pain Recovery’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 14:06:24 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Radiogenic’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 16:15:18 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Heavy Sleeper’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 16:15:18 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Addictive Personality’.
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 16:15:18 | road | ‘Pain Recovery’ mutation turned into ‘Quick Pain Recovery’
| Year 1, Autumn 9, 18:01:18 | science lab | ‘Infection Resistant’ mutation turned into ‘Infection Immune’
| Year 1, Winter 6, 10:13:30 | rat cave | Gained the mutation ‘Quick’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 10:15:06 | rat cave | Gained the mutation ‘Snout’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 10:38:12 | field | ‘Quick Pain Recovery’ mutation turned into ‘Very Quick Pain Recovery’
| Year 1, Winter 6, 11:14:30 | field | ‘Snout’ mutation turned into ‘Reptilian Muzzle’
| Year 1, Winter 6, 11:14:30 | field | Gained the mutation ‘Metallassomaiphile’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 11:14:30 | field | Gained the mutation ‘Poison Resistant’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 11:14:30 | field | Gained the mutation ‘Genetically Unstable’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 11:14:30 | field | Gained the mutation ‘Chemical Imbalance’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 13:02:48 | field | Gained the mutation ‘Forgetful’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 13:42:12 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Self-Aware’.
| Year 1, Winter 6, 13:42:12 | road | Gained the mutation ‘Deadened’.

Update: After 11 days of chilly state i gained Chemical Imbalance again and got very cold for a while, after that chilly again. In the 14. day i purified Chem Imbalance and some other mutations. Soon i noticed the temperature changed back to comfortable. I think a mutation cause this strange bug, maybe the chemical imbalance?

My M4A1 shot 5.56 NATO bullets, but drop .223 casings.

The main gate of the small power substation is at the south east side of the building, but the station can be connected to the road from any side.

Cutting down tree should ask for which direction should the tree fall. Now there is no question.

Many of the robotic enemies are way to much overpowered. Simply put: if you are in their range, you are dead. That’s not fun.

Bullet wounds make a looooong spray of blood to the ground. That’s just silly.

Hallucinated monsters should be selected from the already killed monsters. How can i hallucinate a fungal hedgerow if i never seen one?

Im not sure, but ramming into hallucinated monsters damaging the vehicle.

edit 1: added version
edit 2: update about the temperature

Working as intended:

[quote=“latogato”]I found a subway station without lower level stairs, i have to descent with a rope. Maybe some other field like rubble overwrote the stairs?
My M4A1 shot 5.56 NATO bullets, but drop .223 casings.
Hallucinated monsters should be selected from the already killed monsters. How can i hallucinate a fungal hedgerow if i never seen one?[/quote]

The Cataclysm need not respect pre-existing architecture, so yeah, stairs can be knocked out.
5.56 is functionally a higher-powered .223 round, and you can load .223 into most 5.56 weapons without problems. Well-made .223 guns can handle 5.56 too. Their casings are practically interchangeable.
If you’ve never seen any sort of hedge whatever, then yeah, no hedgerow. Same if you’ve never seen fungus. Apart from those rare cases, hallucinations can grab and modify one’s mental imagery as needed. (I’ve never seen a kneecap made out of small bones that fit together like a puzzle, but I’ve dreamed of mine being made that way.)

Temp not being displayed is intentional, so seeing it for free in the Lab is a bug.

[hr]

Blood spray is fixed in the experimentals. We’ve worked on the high-end bots a bit too, but those are a longer-term tinker to make sure high-powered chars still have something to fear.

Rest of 'em are likely still extant, and thanks.

I meant the debug tool shows the surface temperature inside the lab.

A little, but annoying bug: incendiary doesn’t care about your power armor, force fields, even the fact you’ve stopped the time - you will ALWAYS be set on fire unless you have M_SKIN2 mut. and field density is 1.

Update about temperature. After 11 days of chilly state i gained Chemical Imbalance again and got very cold for a while, after that chilly again. In the 14. day i purified Chem Imbalance and some other mutations. Soon i noticed the temperature changed back to comfortable. I think a mutation cause this strange bug, maybe the chemical imbalance?

Temp is Shoes’ problem, though that said Chem Imbalance is a lighter version of Schizophrenic when it comes to mutations that can pass for bugs. It should tell you when the imbalance does something, though. (“You feel a little full”, for instance, when it increases your food level.)

Reading your bug report is like reading the diary of a very exciting person.

Feeling windchill in a car : I noticed that too, and my code is supposed to take care of that… maybe one of the functions I’ve used doesn’t do what I thought it did.

Defrosting head : I will take a look in disease.cpp and see what happened. Hopefully it’s simply a typo.

Ice lab temps on screen : I will look into that too. Probably left over hacked stuff I did.

Being chilly for days : some mutations affect your temperature. If your body temp is not fluctuating wildly, then maybe there is a combination of traits and mutations you have that should get a temp buff. Having looked at the source, “Disintegration” at level 3 gives -1500 warmth which I think translates to -15 in the @ menu. Chem imbalance can actually flat out set your temps are Very Hot or Very Cold. Maybe your temps kept getting set to Very Cold and never had a chance to rise? That’s unlikely though.

Temp instruments : Thermometers, Hygrometers and Barometers are in the game; so is the Doppler Radar 2000 Turbo, which gives windspeed and felt temperature on top of other the other stats. There is also a weather bionic. The Doppler Radar is meant to double as a debug item to check how body temp and weather are working together.

I’m not suprised, the game is very exciting so it’s bugs. :smiley:

Temp instruments : Thermometers, Hygrometers and Barometers are in the game; so is the Doppler Radar 2000 Turbo...
I play with the stable 0.B and i think these items are not present in that version.

[quote=“latogato, post:1, topic:8169”]Got a “DEBUG: Missing item (check item_groups.json): tanning_peltmodern” message after i downloaded the tanning fur pelt recipe from an encrypted science SD-memory card.

Also, there is an “undefined-tanning_peltmoderns” in the artifacts.gsav. Maybe it is related, maybe it is just an improbable coincidence.[/quote]

Sounds like the recipe SD cards are getting confused by the id_suffix entries.