Bunch of observations

I was really lazy to post my observations, but i think most of them are still valid.

Stable 0.B

• Bandits are not hostile in the first turn i see them. Killing them give me ‘Killed innocent’ morale penalty.

Build 2578:

• I rarely use firearms, but in a FEMA camp, i shooting zombie soldiers with shotgun and zombies are not really alarmed by the sound. I mean, the closest tent is full with zombie soldiers (i peeked into it) and i see the question marks when i shoot, but they don’t try to rip apart the tent to come out and kill me. Maybe because they don’t see me, but i think they should be attracted by noise.
  • FEMA camps are too easy, there are no special zombies except the soldiers and the scientists.
  • An NPC fleed from me, but changed his direction to kill some zombies close to me. After he finished them off, he continued to flee.
  • Failing to make wearable flashlight waste the flashlight. Highly improbable and very annoying.
  • Disassemble a t-shirt is 50 minutes with (B)utcher command.
  • It seems to me, because fine_detail_vision_mod() in player.cpp check bio_night_vision before the light level at position, player with artifical night vision read books longer in daylight.
  • I can’t see any creature with infrared goggles.
  • NPC pain never go away, NPC wounds never heal. Is there any way to heal them?

Build 2716

• When fail to hack the sewage treatment computer, the pump explodes, but the plastic bottle dropped next to it is not damaged.

0.C

• stairs has a generic name ‘stairs’. I would like to see, they are upstairs or downstairs.
  • golden candle has a name ‘candle’. It’s should be named as golden candle.
  • Smashed 1 tile of a bed with a fire axe. The result was 8 2x4, 4 splintered woods, 6 nails and… 110 rags. I think it is too many.
  • if the enemy walks out of my view range while I steady my aim, i can still shoot them.
  • Some books like The modern swordman are not books but “others” items.
  • Farm animals living in the bathroom, this can be lead to a surprise !fun!.
  • Pillows and blankets are outside of the farm house, not on the bed in the farm house.
  • An npc with melee weapon turned to hostile while next to us was a contained zombie hulk behind a reinforced glass. The npc was few tiles away from me, but he did nothing just stood there. If i moved and the hulk was out of my sight, the npc moved closer to me. If i moved again to see the hulk, he freezed again.

• too many science id cards. Really, it seems like tenth percent of the population was a scientist killed in the wilderness.
  • I think zeds does not care about noise. I can honk, shoot etc. they just wandering around or lost interest really fast. Maybe they are just to far away, but i think they should hear farther then they can see.
  • I saw a beehive on a minefield.
    - Internal Furnace can use heavy stick as fuel, but not 2x4. Edit: it works.
  • Zombie technician can pull away your iron weapon from far away, but the message is not clear enough about how he doing it. I have a similar problem with the zombie hollow special attacks.
  • In a lab, 3 zombie scientists released more than 80 manhacks because they saw a mi-go behind a reinforced glass.
  • I was able to shot that mi-go with an m4a1 through the reinforced glass, like there was no glass. Later in a missile silo a secubot shot at me through a reinfoced glass and i was able to shot back.
  • AEP_BAD_WEATHER is not implemented.
  • I lost all my default traits somewhere in 0.C, 2914 or 2952… Update: While my default traits are not listed on the character status screen, they are still in the save. Also i can still select judo as a fighting style, but vision imparing traits does nothing anymore, i can see fine without glasses or contact lens.

• empty gasoline pump can explode when hit by a car.
  • In a lab room i found a killed a science zombie close to it i saw a manhack vs manhacks fight. They was unable to hit each others.
  • Beam of light from A7 laser rifle not disappering until the next turn (gfx version).
  • Advanced Physical Chemistry needs 12 intelligence, but after a Cerebral Booster CBM raised my intelligence to 12, the book was still too complex to understand.
  • Change z-level in a missile silo gives a “DEBUG: set trap ledge on top of terrain empty space which already has a built-in trap” several times.
  • Loading the game gives several “DEBUG: can’t find terrain t_leanto” messages.
  • There is no way to change attributes in the debug menu
  • I launched a nuclear missile on the launch site. The surface was a radiactive wasteland, but my car waiting for me faithfully and unharmed.
  • Kilt is a hands armor in the crafting menu.

They should use some drugs and meds I think, but that’s all. Their sleep code is currently commented out because it was never fully implemented.

[quote=“latogato, post:1, topic:9374”]Build 2716

• When fail to hack the sewage treatment computer, the pump explodes, but the plastic bottle dropped next to it is not damaged.[/quote]
    Explosions aren’t guaranteed to damage items.

Was the 2x4 burned? Heavily burned wooden items stop being flammable (they can still burn, just not well).

Pretty sure that’s intended. Laser and plasma weapons leave a glowing trail.

[quote=“latogato, post:1, topic:9374”]- Change z-level in a missile silo gives a “DEBUG: set trap ledge on top of terrain empty space which already has a built-in trap” several times.

• I launched a nuclear missile on the launch site. The surface was a radiactive wasteland, but my car waiting for me faithfully and unharmed.[/quote]
    First should be easy to fix, second probably won’t be implemented soon.

Good report, most of those I see for the first time.
NPC ones won’t probably happen too soon, but that pierce-able glass looks kinda high-priority. Will check if I can do anything about it (maybe it got fixed already).

If they try shooting through reinforced glass that might be a bug, but bullets passing through the glass itself without destroying it was pretty much intended. IIRC the reasoning was because modern reinforced glass doesn’t really shatter if it gets hit with a bullet with enough force to go through it; instead the bullet leaves a fairly small hole in the glass but the rest of the glass maintains the majority of it’s strength.

It’s kinda weird how you can shoot through the glass multiple times without damaging it, but it’s kinda due to the limitations of the system right now since last I knew we didn’t have a good way to track cumulative damage, something is either at top strength or totally destroyed in most cases.

Shooting through glass is definitely a bug, I’m fixing it at the moment. It resulted from the recent removal of _h and _v.
The map::shoot code was ancient and used string comparisons rather than direct ter_id ones, so it compiled fine, but then the comparisons were wrong.

Makes sense, just wanted to make sure we weren’t accidentally cutting out something intended. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the code (and comments) explicitly mention shooting through things. Reinforced glass reduces damage by 40 and breaks it is still 40 or more.
One semi-bug here: armor piercing ability is totally ignored when shooting through stuff. Should probably be reduced before damage.

Was the 2x4 burned? Heavily burned wooden items stop being flammable (they can still burn, just not well).[/quote]
I can’t remember, but i tried it again and i can eat 2x4, maybe i just forgot to activate the internal furnace…

And the lean-to claims another victim. PR updating my mod has a fix for that.

Technically wasn’t my changes that did that, but since the very existance of the lean-to has been a hassle I’m claiming the blame there. ;A;

"I lost all my default traits somewhere in 0.C, 2914 or 2952…"
Update: While my default traits are not listed on the character status screen, they are still in the save:

"traits" : [
        "BADHEARING",
        "MYOPIC",
        "ROBUST",
        "HYPEROPIC",
        "MARTIAL_ARTS"
    ],

I can still select judo as a fighting style, but vision imparing traits does nothing anymore, i can see fine without glasses or contact lens.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:9374”]And the lean-to claims another victim. PR updating my mod has a fix for that.

Technically wasn’t my changes that did that, but since the very existance of the lean-to has been a hassle I’m claiming the blame there. ;A;[/quote]
It wasn’t a serious problem and always good to see new mods. :slight_smile:

I still find it annoying, though. o3o

Oh well, second PR has given me the chance to account for the introduction of sharp rocks, thyme, and stomachs. Cheesemaking still revolves around the small waterskin, as the way it is now means I’d have to muck about with variants using different containers since the “obtain curdled milk after the milk is finished curdling” function is a bit unwieldy. ._.