The answer to 2, 3, and 4 is pretty simple: as of the latest builds, there is a mod enabled by default that removes NPC needs so you ordinarily won’t need to worry about any of that. My presumption, then, is that managing their needs is still annoying so they’ve disabled them altogether for the time being.
I really don’t work with NPC’s… pretty much ever, so I can’t comment on your other questions.
[quote=“harison86, post:1, topic:13255”]1. Are there any outstanding, game-breaking bugs with them?
2. Do they still fall asleep in the middle of town and get left behind as they follow you when raiding?
3. Do NPCs have nutritional requirements (vitamins and minerals)?
4. If they need nutrients, will they let you know, and will they take multivitamins?
5. How bad/repetitive is NPC management, particularly with larger groups?
6. In the finale of the main questline, do quest NPCs still tend to get killed, rendering the questline impossible to complete?
Thank you in advance.[/quote]
Not on the player end. Npcs still occasionally have fatal errors that cause their head to explode though.
They can, although they’re more intelligent about finding a bed or safe spot to bunk down at, and you can order them to stay awake if you absolutely need to.
3\4. They don’t. And even if they did, it’s not implemented yet.
Dragging a large group around with you is like herding cats. Stick to 1 or 2.
It CAN happen if RNJesus fails you and spawns a jabberwock or fungal bloom right outside the Evac Center. I haven’t had too much of a problem with it though. Just make sure you do the quest to clear out the back bay as soon as you reach the shelter so nothing evolves into a hulk and wipes the whole place out.
NPCs are half-zombies. They can feel hunger and thirst, which slows them considerably, but they don’t need any sustenance to be alive. They don’t need vitamin. As a matter of fact, your character doesn’t need vitamin either! Vitamin deficiency is only cosmetic.
I found out that, when an NPC is posted as guard, and then stops being guard, his need is reset.