Bugs

5048 bugs

• dialog is wrong. NPC mission: someone forgot to code this message id is 78, topic is TALK_MISSION_OFFER. I use mods, so maybe it is a mod error?
  • My car collided with a wreckage. Literally every part of the wreckage was destroyed.

• dialog is wrong. Agressive NPC says: - Thanks pilgrim! and i can refuse or drop my weapon, as usual.
  • Friendly NPCs does not help against hostile NPCs. It is very annoying, hostile NPCs can be very dangerous.
  • Something is wrong with the PC vs NPC damages. Glock 19 (handgun skill is 1) with 25 damage can’t wound a hostile NPC wearing a leather jacket at blank point, but a baseball bat (with 2 melee and 2 bashing skills) with 19 damage can.
  • If i try to move left a grabbed furniture and there is an npc left to me, the game think i try to move left and i can push the npc or swap our positions.
  • Is there a way to turn on the headlights without start the car from the driver seat?
  • game watch has no alarm function
  • If a NPC’s path blocked by another one, they open doors to move to their destination, which can be trouble in labs and annoying in car.
  • Under the door of my car, i repaired a grey [frame] part. Now i can’t get through the door. Also, NPCs bashing to pieces that vehicle tile as they try to embark.

Suggestion/Question

• There is one crate in one of the lab rooms which blocks the way to other crates. Crates should be movable or that one should be placed somewhere else.
  • Is NPC with better mechanic will help me to fix my car? Is their skill is checked for the requirements?
  • NPCs should close doors, if they opened it.

I removed the door and installed it again and it works fine.

Yep! Stand on or next to the drivers seat, use E to interact, and choose the direction with the vehicle controls. You can adjust all the vehicle options without automatically starting the engine.

Not sure about the door issue, but if NPCs are smashing stuff you don’t want them to, you can tell them to stop in the Miscellaneous Commands menu when talking to them.

Or you could just smash it or dismantle it.

NPCs will help you if they have relevant skills. As far as I know the only effect is a reduction to the time crafting takes, though if they have better mechanics than you then you might be able to convince them to teach you about it.

I know that, but now i recruiting NPCs (never really done it before, they was too stupid and they killed me faster than the monsters) and it is a slightly inconvenience i have to push them away every time i want to turn on/off the dome lights because i don’t want to make noise with the car’s engine. I would like to do it from the driver seat.

I found that meanwhile, but thank you anyway! :slight_smile:

I smash them, but it is a “static” room, so that crate is always in the way. It is really silly, we have to smash it every time.

It would be good, i have a - not “best friends forever” yet - NPC with good mechanic and we just standing out of nowhere because i can’t fix our car and he just chilling there.

I know that, but now i recruiting NPCs (never really done it before, they was too stupid and they killed me faster than the monsters) and it is a slightly inconvenience i have to push them away every time i want to turn on/off the dome lights because i don’t want to make noise with the car’s engine. I would like to do it from the driver seat.[/quote]

I’m not sure what the problem is.

You can toggle the headlights while sitting in the drivers seat without turning on the engine by pressing e, then 5 on the numberpad to select your own tile. Keep in mind that if you use ^ rather than e, the engine will be started automatically.

If an NPC is already sitting in the drivers seat, you’ll have to shove him out of the way before you can control anything, but it sounds like you’re aware of that.

Uh, somehow i misread that part. Now it is clear, thank you! :)))

About the car door: now the message is “Moving past this roof is slow!” instead of “Moving past this frame is slow!”.

This is the biggest issue I have with the current NPCs. It’s also an immersion breaker.

But it’s probably the most difficult one to fix, out of your listed problems.

Edit: Oh, according to this guy NPC infighting is already a thing, but it’s based on trust. I have to test this.

It would be awesome, but i think i already had a NPC with best friends forever! trust when that happend.

NPC infighting isn’t a thing.
They are literally blind to each other, with the tiny exception of friendly NPCs pushing each other.
NPC infighting is planned, but not in yet.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:10, topic:12050”]NPC infighting isn’t a thing.
They are literally blind to each other, with the tiny exception of friendly NPCs pushing each other.
NPC infighting is planned, but not in yet.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.