Broken limbs heal time factors

Well suddenly my character got broken leg. I’ve already done splint for him and my character wore it. But even after 4 days my limb still remain broken. Also limb was not damaged ruiring that time.

Does actions, like walking, increase healing time for broken limbs? What else factors affects broken limb heal time? And what exact time is it? Wiki doesn’t contain details.

it looks like it take a lot of time but even fighting do not stop legs from mending, probaly its slowed down or longer seasons increase time but we need someone to confirm that

Limb mending is currently random. As in, it gets checked once in a while, but when it fails, you do zero progress. Likewise, if you’re lucky, it can mend (ie. go from 0 to 1 hp) instantly when you put the splint on.

If you’re playing experimental, make sure you wear the splint on correct limb.

Factors:

[ul][li]Sleep. Helps a lot if you sleep, hurts a bit if you are very tired.[/li]
[li]Being drunk or on cigs hurts it. Being addicted to those also hurts it.[/li]
[li]Regeneration mutations have a significant effect.[/li]
[li]Being Full or Slaked helps it a lot, but being hungry or thirsty doesn’t hurt it[/li]
[li]Hidden health stat can help it a lot. I also realized that there’s a bug with it that can slow down healing a lot, will fix soon.[/li]
[li]Radiation hurts it a bit at low levels, but wrecks it totally at high levels.[/li][/ul]

So the check is calculated when you put the splint on, and not from wearing the splint over time?

Over time, but randomly. Once every 30 minutes or so.

[quote=“Firestorm_01, post:1, topic:11523”]Well suddenly my character got broken leg. I’ve already done splint for him and my character wore it. But even after 4 days my limb still remain broken. Also limb was not damaged ruiring that time.

Does actions, like walking, increase healing time for broken limbs? What else factors affects broken limb heal time? And what exact time is it? Wiki doesn’t contain details.[/quote]
Check what side you’re wearing the splint on as you can wear splits on either leg, even if only one is injured, and it doesn’t default to the injured leg.

Does the season length matter? I’ve also been wearing the splint on my right arm (since that is the one that is broken, I’m aware of the change side function for clothing) for a week now, and nothing has changed. I have self aware, so I know the arm is broken (it is at 0 HP). Does it matter if anything else covers the slot? Like for instance, a winter army jacket? Does having higher first aid matter aside from gaining the recipe for the arm splint? I don’t mind if it actually takes a week or longer, but I want to know that I’m doing it right.

Actually there is should be statuses in character window. For now it is very hard to understand why limb is not healing. Statuses like “Broken [body part name]”, “[Body part name] is melding” e.t.c. may be very useful, espically for new players.

And I am still wondering what is average time to heal broken leg. For me it is almost week long and broken leg is still broken

it looks like mr.stem cell is now more usefull

Well, for me leg broken already for season. And my character still wearing sling. And on the correct leg. I even change in one time jut to be sure.
Does taking damage by limg drop it hiden health to zero?

I don’t know much about natural healing, but the best course of action would probably be to sneak into a hospital, locate and clear out a room with a Mr. Stem Cell computer, and use it to cure your broken limb.

Yes. But is should be hacked before using. So it is not avalible until you improve computer skill.

at 4 lvl of computer skill (or at least 3) you should be able to hack it, i allways pick computer hacker or spend 2 points on computer skill at char gen

I really hate it being random. That sucks ass.
You see, I broke all my limbs in summer, at 4th day if I remember. Somewhere in autumn my left arm got mended, ok. Then my right arm mended after a week or so. And then the hell began. Both my legs completely refused to mend even after what, 3 seasons of game time (1 season = 14 days)? I already managed to raid a couple of labs by that time (yes, you got it right, with broken limbs), get powerful and still my legs were in bad condition. I even got healthy (>10 health) and it didn’t really help. So what? I went to the hospital and helped myself. This is ridiculous.

Somebody should totally make it work properly, not randomly.

You mention raiding a lab with broken legs, did you ever spend significant time with the legs splinted, high health, and bed rest? If not it’s pretty much working as intended…

Oh fuck, I forgot to fix the bug I promised to fix

EDIT: The bug caused positive health to ruin the chance of limbs healing, without affecting negative health. This caused 100 health to have only 50% healing rate of -1 health and 1 health to have only 0.5% healing rate of -200 health. PR’d a fix.

You mention raiding a lab with broken legs, did you ever spend significant time with the legs splinted, high health, and bed rest? If not it's pretty much working as intended...

I literally raided them with splinted legs. I had more than 10 health (messages when you wake up give a really vague idea). To rest more I used some meth to make me exhausted.

It seems there is an issue with health calculations, but meth is not a particylarly safe sleep aid, it might be contributing to the delay.

It seems there is an issue with health calculations, but meth is not a particylarly safe sleep aid, it might be contributing to the delay.
There is nothing associated with it regarding healing matter. Most probably I fell prey to the "being healthy slows mending down" bug.

Broke both arms in a random zombie fight that went on too long. I’ve spent two weeks with broken arms and one has finally mended. The other is still broken. I take vitamins at least twice a day and rest when tired, eat when hungry, ect. I’m living as healthy and resting as much as possible.

I don’t remember it ever taking this long before. Typically my bones grow magically back within a week’s time. I have 30 day seasons and I’m spending more time in this game with broken limbs than full ones.