Bringing back rogue10x10 font

Can anyone who. Downloaded the rogue 10x10 font pm me the link for a new download of it, or upload it again? Old download is expired . Thanks in advance

bump. anyone else enjoyed the 10x10 rogue font?

closest thing I could find is the same author’s dwarf fortress work, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144897.0

Idk.

You could try using unifont though? It’s square and works pretty well, if a little rough on the edges. http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html

The font made by Rogue Yun?

While I don’t have a copy the 10x10, I made my own font from the 16x16 tileset he made.

I started playing again recently and made an updated version of the font lastnight (trying to get to look good with anti-alias and hinting on)

Are you averse to sharing?
Could be useful.

I personally have moved onto using ProggyClean.

thanks for the replys guys, but i found a old version in some of my older copies of cata DDA. i salvaged it and managed to use it again. thanks though.

Sure it’s a work-in-progress but you can try it, Simple Mood double wall (the double wall depends on how your terminal emulator draws frames) I have a single wall version too but it’s not updated

What settings do you use in fonts.json? I can’t seem to get it to render properly in mine for some reason.
Actually it’s like the font is made super tiny within the ttf boundaries or the ttf boundary is way too large?? Or something weird?

I’m using TERMINAL_X 200 and TERMINAL_Y 60 and unlike every other font I’ve used, this one you linked is rendering ultra microscopic.

Edit: It looks pretty weird and microscopic in fontforge. Did you edit it to make it look better on your settings in cata, instead of making it standard width and height and modifying fonts.json settings to make it square instead?

[quote=“Midaychi, post:8, topic:10607”]What settings do you use in fonts.json? I can’t seem to get it to render properly in mine for some reason.
Actually it’s like the font is made super tiny within the ttf boundaries or the ttf boundary is way too large?? Or something weird?

I’m using TERMINAL_X 200 and TERMINAL_Y 60 and unlike every other font I’ve used, this one you linked is rendering ultra microscopic.

Edit: It looks pretty weird and microscopic in fontforge. Did you edit it to make it look better on your settings in cata, instead of making it standard width and height and modifying fonts.json settings to make it square instead?[/quote]You’re right, I made it an odd size to fit my terminal and screen DPI.

Lilyterm renders font different than other VTE terminals and scaling the font em size way up makes anti-aliasing create less artifacts around the glyphs on the edge of the em boundary (the period glyph has a border round to cushion some of those anti-aliasing lines)

My settings in Lilyterm are 145x77 and 34pt using font which is why it looks small for you (it renders about an 8pt)

Try these normal sized versions;
Simple Mood 16x16-Standard
Simple Mood 16x16-Double wall
Simple Mood 16x16-Double wall w/ solid floor

Let me know if that works and also if the double walls show up or not.

Yeah those work a lot better. I’m using 200 x 60 with

{ "fontblending" : false, "fontwidth" : 8, "fontheight" : 15, "fontsize" : 15, "typeface" : "terminus", "map_fontwidth" : 16, "map_fontheight" : 16, "map_fontsize" : 16, "map_typeface" : "DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor", "overmap_fontwidth" : 16, "overmap_fontheight" : 16, "overmap_fontsize" : 16, "overmap_typeface" : "DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor" }

because of my 1600x900 monitor in fullscreen mode. It’s not perfect but it works out. I prefer keeping the actual menu text not-squared because it’s easier to read and takes less screenspace, and there’s really no reason to have it square.

I’m also using a custom “make CCACHE=1 LUA=1 TILES=1 SOUND=1 LUA_BINARY=luajit RELEASE=1” build on ubuntu, and -Og and -g and “-mmmx -m3dnow -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -mtune=native” added to the Makefile OTHERS line/replacing the -Os, and I’m running it through an automatic “catch-dump-and log” alias with GDB so I can catch and log backtraces when it crashes to desktop so I can report it. … Though since I started using it, I haven’t crashed once, which is minorly annoying.

The alias:

alias bt='echo 0 | gdb -batch-silent -ex "run" -ex "set logging overwrite on" -ex "set logging file gdb.bt" -ex "set logging on" -ex "set pagination off" -ex "handle SIG33 pass nostop noprint" -ex "echo backtrace:\n" -ex "backtrace full" -ex "echo \n\nregisters:\n" -ex "info registers" -ex "echo \n\ncurrent instructions:\n" -ex "x/16i \$pc" -ex "echo \n\nthreads backtrace:\n" -ex "thread apply all backtrace" -ex "set logging off" -ex "quit" --args'

Using ascii ingame settings though because aim camera doesn’t work with use tiles.

It looks like this on my end. Not sure if there’s a way to do anything about the black borders though.

Would be cool if cata could have a setting in sdl2 tiles ascii mode where the ascii ttf border is transparent but the background is a custom solid color.

Edit: actually that’s dumb, because it’s ansii colours that define the border.

would anyone like for me to upload the 2 files that seem to get rogue font working? im not sure if its legal, with licensing and such, but… PM maybe?

Rogue Yun has a CC0 license so its open for whatever. I think I forgot to add that to the description in the last ttf I uploaded.

Try any of the 3 ttf I uploaded early today. Reference Midaychi post for the settings.

Midaychi I might try some of those things you posted. I have the same resolution and I’ve wanted to try sound. At 8pt I don’t mind the square font any larger and the extra 50% my eyes have to move is annoying (and takes space). I don’t play DDA on a different machine like DF so I guess I could try normal width fonts.

Yeah. I switched to DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_wall because the lack of black borders was just too jarring compared to the stuff that has borders in code.

Okay I tried, but I have no idea what I’m doing ;-;
I got the font to change and everything is looking more aligned and square-like, but nothing like the linked images. Tried it with the graphical version, and the curses version but it didn’t seem to change much for that version.

You probably need to install the font and also put it in the data/fonts folder in the cataclysm root folder too.

You should also change these two, so they match the name of the font you want to use, minus the .ttf extension.

“map_typeface” : “DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor”,
and
"overmap_typeface" : “DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor”

So, for example, if you wanted your overmap to use the tiley version instead of the filled version, you’d change it to
"overmap_typeface" : “DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_wall”

I’m pretty sure they’re installed. I dragged the files into the windows fonts and it said it did its thing, also got the files in the cata font folder.

Right now my fonts.json and fontdata.json look identical because I’m not sure which I was supposed to edit.

{ "fontblending" : false, "fontwidth" : 8, "fontheight" : 15, "fontsize" : 15, "typeface" : "terminus", "map_fontwidth" : 16, "map_fontheight" : 16, "map_fontsize" : 16, "map_typeface" : "DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor", "overmap_fontwidth" : 16, "overmap_fontheight" : 16, "overmap_fontsize" : 16, "overmap_typeface" : "DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor" }

I also added this to my fontlist.

DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor C:\WINDOWS\fonts\DDA_Simple_Mood16x16_floor.tff 0

You shouldn’t have to ever modify fontslist.

You should be only modifying fonts.json inside of your config folder.

If you’re modifying fonts.json in config folder as you said and it matches the case and name exactly minus the .ttf, if your font is in the data/font directory, then I have no idea why it’s not working for you. That literally encompasses the grand sum of what you need to modify.

Also are you using the console variant, or the tiles variant of catadda? If you’re using the tiles, you’ll need to turn tiles off ingame to see ascii. It sounds like you’ve already got that part down though, by how you described it.

Ah, adding onto fontlist is what was screwing it up. It’s all working now, thank you :smiley:
I haven’t noticed it if it does, but does having changed fontdata interfere with anything? Should I revert it back to its default settings, or is it fine to just leave it identical to fonts.json?

It’s probably fine, but if you’re worried you can backup your current version and replace it with the version that comes with catadda. It SHOULD count as the default and be overridden by the fonts.json in config.