Brainless human enemies harvestable for meat

Who else finds themselves low on human meat besides me?

I find it occasionally at army bases, but I think it’d be nice if you could find simplistic almost feral type humans you could hunt down for meat.

Nothing too complex. Perhaps an escaped mental patient so you don’t have to code anything too complex. I understand there have been set backs in regards to coding full fledged NPCs. They are rather a crash and lag ridden bunch.

I apologize for any perceived rudeness I may have committed, and I resign from the presidency effective immediately. The people have a right to know that their president is not a crook, and I am not a crook.

Insults followed by demands, good luck with that.

Relax. I was drunk. I don’t even remember writing this. Sorry about the belligerence…And the lousy rhyming pattern.

You’re responsible for what you say when you were drunk, so don’t start shit and then tell people to “relax”. The only appropriate response is to apologize for what you said if you feel it’s merited, you being drunk is irrelevant.

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:1, topic:6167”]So who gives a fuck about AI?

Not I, said the little red hen.

But who finds themselves low on human meat? I do, and so does everyone besides the Survivor type.

NPCs are never going to be implemented…

Sorry, but that’s the truth. Give us placeholders to eat, and we won’t eat you.

Give us simplistic enemies to carve for meat treats and then beat feet, across the stage to earn a simple wage, of their flesh, make way, girls never say hey.[/quote]

I share kevin’s thoughts, what the hell are you talking about? there are npcs, and human meat is gross anyway

I apologize for my rudeness and have altered the first post to something that resembles sane man’s english.

[quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:5, topic:6167”][quote=“TheGrifter, post:1, topic:6167”]So who gives a fuck about AI?

Not I, said the little red hen.

But who finds themselves low on human meat? I do, and so does everyone besides the Survivor type.

NPCs are never going to be implemented…

Sorry, but that’s the truth. Give us placeholders to eat, and we won’t eat you.

Give us simplistic enemies to carve for meat treats and then beat feet, across the stage to earn a simple wage, of their flesh, make way, girls never say hey.[/quote]

I share kevin’s thoughts, what the hell are you talking about? there are npcs, and human meat is gross anyway[/quote]
NPCs are not fully implemented. Primarily due to Whales making inefficient code. There is some progress but it is slow due to a lack of seriously tackling the code since it is so complicated. TheGrifter is of the opinion that it would be better to have “human” monsters who cannot be talked to or reasoned with and otherwise function like a regular monster but with a gun or a melee weapon.

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:1, topic:6167”]Who else finds themselves low on human meat besides me?

I find it occasionally at army bases, but I think it’d be nice if you could find simplistic almost feral type humans you could hunt down for meat.

Nothing too complex. Perhaps an escaped mental patient so you don’t have to code anything too complex. I understand there have been set backs in regards to coding full fledged NPCs. They are rather a crash and lag ridden bunch.

I apologize for any perceived rudeness I may have committed, and I resign from the presidency effective immediately. The people have a right to know that their president is not a crook, and I am not a crook.[/quote]

Ah much more legible, I agree human meat is pretty scarce, even with random npcs turned on

Human enemies are abundant. Edible human enemies are an endangered species. This is:
A. Evolution: Being edible is not a survival trait.
B. Cataclysmic: Sort of the whole point of the game.
C. Not completely accurate: Whip up some tainted tornadoes and enjoy the chunky goodness!

Zombie meat should probably count as human flesh anyway.

Nope, it’s tainted - this guy wants to be a cannibal and eat normal humans in-game.
You can’t use tainted meat as a replacement in recipies that use human meat.

So… couldn’t someone purify the tainted meat if they wanted to?

I imagine the meat is more like rotten meat, but then why is there rotten tainted meat? Hmmm…

Cough Survival skill says you could be able to purify tainted meat at later levels. Sounds like something Whales forgot.

I turn my rotted man flesh into jerk jerky to keep it fresh.

Presumable the spoilers keep the meat fresh.

I mean… it’s a human’s flesh, tainted. Why wouldn’t you get the morale penalty for eating human meat if you eat some people meat? Cannibal or not, eating tainted meat is probably unpleasant. But it should probably hurt more for non-cannibals.