RV Shower

What it says on the tin. Adds an RV shower vehicle part that consumes soap, water and electricity when used but gives the player a small morale bonus for feeling ‘fresh’

lol you’re just a clean freak aren’t you? i won’t deny that adding showers and bathing to the game would be a nice touch of realism.

I could say exactly the same. It could also change your temperature and stop fire.

Ideally there’d be no penalty for NOT washing your funky self, but showering could be one of those little touches for people who like that sort of thing.((Like making real food instead of living off cooked fly meat and moose sausage with water))

Maybe showering could make it harder for animals to track you by scent for a limited time? You could also add sticks of deodorant for the same purpose minus the morale boost.

[quote=“Logrin, post:4, topic:4875”]Ideally there’d be no penalty for NOT washing your funky self, but showering could be one of those little touches for people who like that sort of thing.((Like making real food instead of living off cooked fly meat and moose sausage with water))

Maybe showering could make it harder for animals to track you by scent for a limited time? You could also add sticks of deodorant for the same purpose minus the morale boost.[/quote]i dunno, in my experience using deodorant without bathing first would actually cause a morale penalty. every time i’ve done that i smelled worse than if i had just showered and not used deodorant.

I like the sound of this, plus bars of soap are already in the game… “load” a shower tile with a bar of soap, ‘damage’ it every time it’s used, subtract some of the vehicle’s clean water, return a “Bathed Recently” morale bonus.

Though it should only go in the Luxury RV, not the little one.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:6, topic:4875”]I like the sound of this, plus bars of soap are already in the game… “load” a shower tile with a bar of soap, ‘damage’ it every time it’s used, subtract some of the vehicle’s clean water, return a “Bathed Recently” morale bonus.

Though it should only go in the Luxury RV, not the little one.[/quote]

We actually need a trait for feeling clean.

Could make a trait called Germophobe, where you suffer morale penalties for failing to keep yourself clean, but are more satisfied if you clean regularly.

Could make a trait called Germophobe, where you suffer morale penalties for failing to keep yourself clean, but are more satisfied if you clean regularly.[/quote]and a trait called Slob where being dirty makes you happier, but critters that track by smell can find you easier. the Smelly trait would grant an additional morale bonus :smiley:

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:6, topic:4875”]I like the sound of this, plus bars of soap are already in the game… “load” a shower tile with a bar of soap, ‘damage’ it every time it’s used, subtract some of the vehicle’s clean water, return a “Bathed Recently” morale bonus.

Though it should only go in the Luxury RV, not the little one.[/quote]

This is a sound idea. And we could have showers in houses too, just as ambience (until someone comes up with a way of making electricity generators)

Could make a trait called Germophobe, where you suffer morale penalties for failing to keep yourself clean, but are more satisfied if you clean regularly.[/quote]and a trait called Slob where being dirty makes you happier, but critters that track by smell can find you easier. the Smelly trait would grant an additional morale bonus :D[/quote]

Tracking how “dirty” the player is might get complicated. It might just be better off limiting it to a morale boost for showering.

[quote=“Rekozg”]Tracking dirtiness could be a tracked internally with a number like hunger and thirst, but instead of showing up as a ‘meter’, it could put taunting messages every so often to encourage you to shower.
[tt]You are clean, and smell like fresh daisies. Good job![/tt]
[tt]Your dirtiness level has increased! A wet dog smells better than you.[/tt]
[tt]Your dirtiness level has increased! You smell like a pile of rotten fish in a trash compactor![/tt]
[tt]Your dirtiness level has reached critical! You can’t tell anymore where the filth ends and your skin begins.[/tt]
[tt]You just don’t even care anymore.[/tt]

Also being dirty should increase the chance for every injury to become an infection, so there would be some other motivation to keep yourself clean.[/quote]

I love this idea. Brilliant!

I really don’t think there should be a penalty to not being squeaky clean when your primary concern is not being eaten by zombified bears in your sleep. It’s just a small cosmetic addition with a negligible morale boost.

I have to agree with you there a morale bonus makes sense. But a morale penalty? I’ve seen some pretty disgusting people just working, let alone zombies. There are only a few people (myself included) who can’t stand being dirty but are capable of dealing with it if need be.

really i say it would be cool to have the penalty, BUT its not practical or needed. morale bonus i am for all the way. could be linked with fancy trait somehow.

I am totally in favour of this just for RP reasons. My survivor has waded through the blood and guts of hundreds of zombies - she really needs a shower by now.

I would suggest that showering gives a small but relatively long-lasting morale buff (non-stacking, doubled if Fancy) and a Health boost (once per day only).
Maybe also gives a bonus to Speech skill?

If you shower quite a bit then a minor hidden ‘addiction’ might set it. Basically: you are now used to being clean and get -5 morale if you’re not (never becomes more than -5).

[quote=“The Lone Badger, post:16, topic:4875”]I am totally in favour of this just for RP reasons. My survivor has waded through the blood and guts of hundreds of zombies - she really needs a shower by now.

I would suggest that showering gives a small but relatively long-lasting morale buff (non-stacking, doubled if Fancy) and a Health boost (once per day only).
Maybe also gives a bonus to Speech skill?

If you shower quite a bit then a minor hidden ‘addiction’ might set it. Basically: you are now used to being clean and get -5 morale if you’re not (never becomes more than -5).[/quote]

Seconded. Sounds like you hit that sweet balance!

I think there is nothing wrong from having minor penalties from not having bathed/showered in a very long time. I mean its easy to do: simply bath in a nearby river or shower every once in a while (once a season?) to avoid them. You shouldn’t be surprised that wildlife and zombies have a much easier time following the scent of a walking heap of excrement.

zombies have a much easier time following the scent of a walking heap of excrement. So what if you had to take a shit every couple of days?

Lets not go there. The largest part of the community seems to be against it (myself included).

On the other hand having to bath seems less tedious as you are not forced to, there is simply some light pressure with (mild) status/morale effects. You also don’t have to bath as often as you would need to go to the toilet so there is also that.