Blob upgrade?

Have blobs recently been given a boost? Normally I just ignore them, but my most recent game started in a city that was already overrun with them and I’ve been having to battle a lot of 'em. I remember them being essentially non-threats, but now it seems like a swarm of small blobs can be deadly. My weapons get easily damaged while fighting, and even running them over doesn’t work well - they somehow stop the vehicle and prevent it from accelerating? A lot more challenging!

Are you playing with pks rebalancing mod. It tends to cause there to be a lot of blobs all over large cities.

If it isnt as Dewolf said, maybe you just got unlucky, once i spawned surrounde by some blobs and a rift with some flaming eyes to boot.
And about the vehicle maybe you were going too slow (or is too light)?, i can go at 32km on a 10k+ kilogram vehicle and a shrub could stop/slow me… so yeah

[quote=“Ragno, post:3, topic:14339”]If it isnt as Dewolf said, maybe you just got unlucky, once i spawned surrounde by some blobs and a rift with some flaming eyes to boot.
And about the vehicle maybe you were going too slow (or is too light)?, i can go at 32km on a 10k+ kilogram vehicle and a shrub could stop/slow me… so yeah[/quote]

Yeah, flaming eyes will make everything worse. Between debuffs and illusionary monsters that are indistinguishable from real ones unless you see them spawn and track them.