Blob's seem a bit too invasive

I’m not sure if they’re meant to be like this, or if I just got a bug, but either way, this was one of the most terrifying experiences I’ve ever had playing Cata.

I was heading back to my shack after looting a town and I came across a slime pit and a few blobs. I killed the blobs off and went on my way. After a nice night’s rest, I open my curtains, and there are hundreds of blobs outside my house. I check every side of my house, and there are blobs everywhere. I grabbed my most important gear and cut a path out, but the blob horde was almost three map tiles thick.

This has never happened to me before, so I dont know if it’s meant to be like this or if something screwed up, but I loved it. If this isnt the way things are meant to be, then I’d love to see this become a regular thing. It’d make blobs much more horrifying. Killing one makes a horde show up when you sleep. Tis a shame I didnt think to get some screenshots.

edit

I’d killed about 20 other blobs before this happened, and it’s never happened to me before.

I had the same thing , but there was a bug where the small blobs would spawn in my semi truck cabin that was closed up with fine roof and walls.

there were literaly over 300 blobs because my kill list showed 269 small blobs and 117 blobs and i died surrounded by over 20 (i recently got the short sighter trait and i didn’t have glasses so i couldn’t see exactly how many there were) blobs from all sides

I was woken up in the middle of the night by one. I thought “aww, the little guy followed me”, kicked him into giblets, and went to close the door, which I had forgotten to do. In the morning I awoke to hundreds outside my shack. “Aww, the little guys followed me”.

It was actually really cool and tense.

Devs, maybe the goo the blobs burst into when killed attracts more blobs? You would wash it off by wasting a couple bottles of water, or you could deal with the blob horde that comes the next night. Seems like a cool idea. It’d make me think twice about bashing blobs around for a little extra training with melee.

Also, it feels weird actually interacting with the people on here after just watching like a total creeper since the forums got set up… It feels like I’m talking to celebrities. Am I insane?

[quote=“Tee, post:3, topic:1951”]I was woken up in the middle of the night by one. I thought “aww, the little guy followed me”, kicked him into giblets, and went to close the door, which I had forgotten to do. In the morning I awoke to hundreds outside my shack. “Aww, the little guys followed me”.

It was actually really cool and tense.

Devs, maybe the goo the blobs burst into when killed attracts more blobs? You would wash it off by wasting a couple bottles of water, or you could deal with the blob horde that comes the next night. Seems like a cool idea. It’d make me think twice about bashing blobs around for a little extra training with melee.

Also, it feels weird actually interacting with the people on here after just watching like a total creeper since the forums got set up… It feels like I’m talking to celebrities. Am I insane?[/quote]

Heh heh!

No, no you’re not insane. But really everyone is quite friendly here. (mostly)

Mostly? Is there anybody specific I should avoid like a Jabberwock?
Cough cough I’m totally not in love with gta Cough

The more abrasive members of our little family often find themselves permabanned. So if they’re still here and chatting with you, they’re probably fairly safe.

I had the misfortune of running into blobs. After dumping 250 rounds a bunch of arrows I went to sleep… only to wake up to 200 or so outside. I was very fortunate to make it to my car and do some donuts, ended up with literally the entire thing covered in blood, I made a screencap in another thread.

I did find out most things have queens/spawners, so I probably should’ve tracked it down, but man that sucked.

Pro-tip: Don’t sleep near monster spawners.

But sort of the same thing happened to me with Triffids. Went to sleep not realizing there was a Queen nearby, woke up to the entire area (and my base sob) turned to lumber.