Blacklist Item Mods Cause game to Crash

I have been experimenting with different mod combinations. My preferred combination is Mundane Zombies with a number of powerful items blacklisted to rebalance the game.

When I enter character creation, the message “Please wait while…” occurs followed by the game crashing with my terminal spitting out “segmentation fault (core dumped).”

I have experimented a lot, but not thoroughly. The game has crashed whenever I blacklist items. Mundane Zombies works. No Powered Armor/No Energy Weapons (separately) cause the game to crash.

Other mods such as More Survival Tools, Vehicle Additions, Boats, etc. work flawlessly.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, git pulled, version 0.C-7412-g333924c. I think that this is unique to this build as things worked fine the last time that I compiled the game (though I deleted the data).

Bump, also I have the same problem.

The “no religious books” mod seems to work, and fucked if I know why. Been testing all the item blacklist mods, will report which ones are fucked and which ones work when I’m done, assuming I don’t get dragged out of the house beforehand.

Works:
No religious texts

Doesn’t Work:
No mutagen
No antique firearms
No energy weapons
No fictional guns
No flaming weapons
No medieval items
No power armor
No survivor armor

I’m not sure whether to be amused or creeped out that the “disables religious texts” mod is the only item blacklist mod that’s still working.

The incomparable BevapDin has a PR up for the issue, and I’m testing it right now. It seems an overhaul to recipe handling is at fault.
The reason the religious texts blacklist didn’t cause a problem is it didn’t deactivate any recipes since you can’t craft the religious texts yourself. Nothing creeping happening, promise <_<

Aaaah, that explains it. Goody, our code isn’t haunted? o3o

Thanks,

The bug has been fixed and things seem to be working as they should.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:10865”]The incomparable BevapDin has a PR up for the issue, and I’m testing it right now. It seems an overhaul to recipe handling is at fault.
The reason the religious texts blacklist didn’t cause a problem is it didn’t deactivate any recipes since you can’t craft the religious texts yourself. Nothing creeping happening, promise <_<[/quote]
So we are expected to be able to craft our own religion at some point? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Vorchar, post:8, topic:10865”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:10865”]The incomparable BevapDin has a PR up for the issue, and I’m testing it right now. It seems an overhaul to recipe handling is at fault.
The reason the religious texts blacklist didn’t cause a problem is it didn’t deactivate any recipes since you can’t craft the religious texts yourself. Nothing creeping happening, promise <_<[/quote]
So we are expected to be able to craft our own religion at some point? :P[/quote]
Only if you start with the “Psychopath” trait, the “Novelist” profession, gather a very large number of followers, and take a LOT of drugs.

…close enough. o3o