Bionics Capacity can be breached

When installing a Dielectric Capacitance bionic, I received no mesage about it pushing my hand slots over capacity before installing it. When it succeeded, it showed each hand bionics slot as 6/5, instead of simply reaching a cap. If it is any help, this character was created in a lab-challenge and took the Field Researcher start.I have a feeling that the preexisting bionics may be the cause here, but I couldn’t say for sure.

EDIT: I tried to install any bionics that would further breach the displayed limits in the bionics menu, and it seems that these limits are only shown visually but are not enforced by the game yet. Attempting to install a solar panels mod on a torso that had 71 slots filled (torso max can have 80) allowed me to install it still.

They will not be enforced until they are balanced.

I expect my current character to go off like a nuke the moment the limits are enforced. D:

You have to get a debug mutation that actually enforces the limits.

While my Character is about +200% past bionics limits…i won’t be happy at all if those limits will enforced.
Can be as “world option” or something like other (difficulty based) player options…

[quote=“Gio, post:5, topic:12030”]While my Character is about +200% past bionics limits…i won’t be happy at all if those limits will enforced.
Can be as “world option” or something like other (difficulty based) player options…[/quote]

It will most likely be enforced as a “you can’t install more” thing, at least at first.
There will be a debug option to disable limits, but treated more as a cheat for debugging than an option.

I think it should just greatly increase the chances of you screwing up instead (like +25% for each point over).

the idea behind the limits is physical capacity and the amount of room they each take up. They arn’t enforced yet as the proper balance is found, but the idea is that you can’t go cramming your body with a vehichle’s worth of metal pieces, and computer bits.

A soft cap, topped with a hard cap might be a good way to do it though.

[quote=“Litppunk, post:8, topic:12030”]the idea behind the limits is physical capacity and the amount of room they each take up. They arn’t enforced yet as the proper balance is found, but the idea is that you can’t go cramming your body with a vehichle’s worth of metal pieces, and computer bits.

A soft cap, topped with a hard cap might be a good way to do it though.[/quote]

Honestly, why not? There’s no penalty or limit to mutation rolling. We can be an oversized 50-armed tentacle bird monster, but heaven forbid I have a humped back.

most bionics are internal, and many would not cooperate well in the same body. increasing the # of slots/ slot sizes for some mutants would certainly be something I would think makes sense, although perhaps not balance wise. Though by the time your a massive mutant for the purpose of getting MORE CBM’s installed is probably past the point of that mattering anyways. At that point you probably need to manually adjust settings for balance anyways.