Bio soldiers

Bio Operators were a fun first encounter… Went about my first day as usual, targeting gun shops and clothing stores. Night falls and I head for a millitary outpost for keycards and all of a sudden a bio operator comes running through a damn wall, turret and fence and beats the crap out of me. Died in two turns from severe head trauma. How much freaking HP do they have? I fired a whole burst from a Scar-h and it just wouldn’t die.

You gotta love their CQC takedown.

*The zombie kicks your left leg for 9 damage… and slams you, face first, to the ground for 20 damage!

It got totally pwned. But at least the mental image was fun.

Does judo work against them? That’d make it more useful.

I definitely noticed they were actually doing some damage on my character who normally breezes through everything though. It’s nice to have some challenge.

Glad to see my boys and girls playing so well; they’re designed to be tough for later-game folks. :slight_smile: They shouldn’t be able to hulksmash walls, though.

120 HP or thereabouts, 10-12 armor, 3 dodge. Headshots and weapon-block tend to be the way to go; I haven’t found a reasonable way around the weapon-block problem but might consider having 'em disarm the player.

Judo should prevent the knockdown but probably not the damage; if not, I’ll take a look once my laptop can get online again. Home net-access has been Out thanks to a fucked-up telco called verizon.

Will look into reducing the cycle time on the CQC so you get more fun mental imagery.

(You of course butchered it when done, John?)

I don’t know it may have butchered me after it was done. But it surely didn’t get fancy bionics from my corpse if that’s what you meant :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be pretty cool if you get to add more flavor text to their attacks though.

(I often loot barracks on the first night, seems I can no longer do that)

Quite a brutal zombie I must say :). Encountered the bastard in the nighty build today, get wrecked instantly and the metal image is quite funny indeed.

I don’t know it may have butchered me after it was done. But it surely didn’t get fancy bionics from my corpse if that’s what you meant :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be pretty cool if you get to add more flavor text to their attacks though.

(I often loot barracks on the first night, seems I can no longer do that)[/quote]

Huh. When I read “it got totally pwned” I imagined you tossing a fireball at it or something. :-/

They’re speed 95, so you’re marginally faster than they are. Running is technically an option.

they are really cool. well done!

Unless it hits you once, then you lose the speed due to pain :lD

[quote=“jokermatt999, post:3, topic:5719”]Does judo work against them? That’d make it more useful.

I definitely noticed they were actually doing some damage on my character who normally breezes through everything though. It’s nice to have some challenge.[/quote]

I looked and apparently judo’s throw/KD immunity doesn’t seem to actually come up in any combat code. 8-( I suspect I know what I’ll be fixing in the near future.

Doubleposting for PR.

Should be an incentive to learn/use Judo once this lands: immunity to hostile throws and knockdowns (not very many ATM), and possibly reversals and counters if this one works out.