My epic fail in badassdom

I’m not as badass at this game as I thought I was. I have not played in a couple of months and I was using 0.A. I downloaded the latest experimented and experimented.

First start:

4x Zombies
Surround Start
Fast Zombies

Results:

Dead. Can’t get out of my house. Near impossible. Eventually smokers come and other range zombies and there are two many zombies to get out. Tried this several times. Also tried jacking up starting stats. You really need explosive to get out so you can mass kill. This was REALLY fun, but rather humbling. Short games like this can be alot of fun.

Possible new Scenario:

Would like to see a profession that starts with explosives so you can play around with high zombies, surrounded,fast zombies and have a shot to get out. Plus maybe a working car with fuel nearby.

2nd Badassdom World

4x Zombies
2x Items
No surround
Faster Zombies
Zombie Hordes
Start with 30 stat points. Used the ‘cheap’ negative traits, near sighted/far sighted, ugly truth speaker, wool allergy.
chose: Bionic Soldier profession. Status 14,14,14,12. Positive Traits: fast, fleet footed, night vision, pain resistant, fast learning, fast healing… some others.

Survived about 12 hours

This one was interesting. Survived a while. Problem with bionic soldier is you dont start with a knife. So you can’t butcher the zombies. Got some painful bites. Ran into a FEMA camp. got lucky and there was a soldering iron and a knife near the entrance. Really needed soldering ironf or the bites… Got lucky iwth some traps right outside too. Shot some before they got through fence, used traps to kill. Ran in. Got soldering iron and knife. Got up to 3 bites. used soldering iron. healed got to 50 pain.

Noticed this flashing ‘Z’ when wandering. Well that looks cool… Not so much. Fast zombies plus pain = me dead from horde.

Thank you for killing me :slight_smile: Losing is fun. That fast zombie mod is evil.

Anyone else jacked up the settings and gotten their asses kicked?

I’ve jacked up spawns to 50, but I didn’t get my ass kicked.

Though it makes a surrounded start impossible without cheating.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:3, topic:6358”]I’ve jacked up spawns to 50, but I didn’t get my ass kicked.

Though it makes a surrounded start impossible without cheating.[/quote]Black Belt, deft, fleetfooted. You’re welcome.

Just (s)mash them.

Hate them fast zombies.

Even more so when you turn the spawn rate onto 50.

As a shower victim.

“Hey Tim, why are you by the window?”

“Because, im looking for rescue.”

-Zombie eats Tim through the window.-

“Crap, was that a fast zombie?”

-Fifty Hours Later-

“Crap, did I leave Tim behind?”

“Brains…”

“DAMN YOU RNG GODS!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE THESE FAST ZOMBIES JUST BY THE SOUND OF MY FOOTSTEPS!!! WHY!!!”

-Timmy escaped from the fast zombie hoard, only to be killed by a falling jabberwock from the nearby nuclear explosion because someone pushed a red button in the Missle Silo.-
-Tim died from a random zombie eating his brain, making him unable to resurrect.-
-The Jabberwock survived and later became a pet-store owner, lending cute pandas to other player characters.-

That is why I never play on Dynamic Spawn Mode.

the only thing I ever “jack up” is the size of towns. setting it so high that safe houses can’t spawn is fun.

Yea it’s pretty fun, I try to make it a horrible cityscape survival scenario.

Zombies x50, city size 16, item spawns 0.5.
Plan: Get to the nearest gun store, pick up a gun, load gun, kill zombies.
Success Rates:
Get to the gunstore: 25%;
Pick up a gun: 20%;
Load gun: 4%;
Kill zombies with gun: 2%;
Get out of gunstore alive: 0%.
Why is it that every time I go into a gunstore, a zombie hulk comes through the wall? It’s awfully inconvenient, especially when the ammo is so far away from the guns.

I think I’m going to try HunterAlpha1’s suggestion, it’ll probably work a lot better than my usual MO.

Yea it’s pretty fun, I try to make it a horrible cityscape survival scenario.

Zombies x50, city size 16, item spawns 0.5.
Plan: Get to the nearest gun store, pick up a gun, load gun, kill zombies.
Success Rates:
Get to the gunstore: 25%;
Pick up a gun: 20%;
Load gun: 4%;
Kill zombies with gun: 2%;
Get out of gunstore alive: 0%.
Why is it that every time I go into a gunstore, a zombie hulk comes through the wall? It’s awfully inconvenient, especially when the ammo is so far away from the guns.

I think I’m going to try HunterAlpha1’s suggestion, it’ll probably work a lot better than my usual MO.[/quote]

change starting time to night so you can try sneak past the zombies, get some supplies and hole up in firestadion