Best Sword to give Diamond Coating to?

Yeah I like fencing since you can wait in place and kill anything that tries to attack you, you can even craft, without having to stop what your doing. There was a thread semi recently that showed the DPM of most of , if not all, the melee weapons.
edit: here ya go - I calculated the DPM of some end-game melee weapons with end-game encumbrance

It’s not the container’s strength that’s the problem, it’s that you have to keep it incredibly cold to keep it solid, which you need to do in order to slow the leaks. Hydrogen is so tiny it can leak out between the molecules of whatever you’re holding it in with.

Storing hydrogen long-term is a really hard problem.

Hydrogen has a solid metalic phase at standard temperature, you just need a few skyscrapers of pressure and a container that’s not made of atoms. If you want to use it partwise, you also need a valve with a seal that’s also good for a few skyscrapers of pressure that’s also not made of atoms, and your non-atomic container has to be able to shrink to maintain compression.

If you hold anything too close to your non-atomic shrinking multiple-skyscraper valve, it gets cut in half.

If your your non-atomic shrinking multiple-skyscraper valve develops the slightest fault and opens a little bit too wide, it blows open and turns into a missile with tens of thousands of pounds of thrust on one end.

Other than that, no big deal.

In that case, pretend the canister is full of electromagnets and has a plutonium cell to power it.

I prefer “The description and name of hydrogen cells are a government cover-up, the truth is out there,” for my in-universe explanation of that and other things that don’t make sense scientifically, when I don’t just feel like suspending my disbelief and carrying on. Then I can blame apparent magic on canonical magic, like extradimensional horrors.

My question is: Why can’t they just use Fusion Cells for the Plasma Rifle and save the Hydrogen Canisters for coating metal tools? Hell, why can’t it be this way in game? There’s no reason to use Fusion Cells and I can’t think of a reason it’d ever be worth it to waste a Hydrogen Canister on a Plasma Rifle.

Just found this article: According to it, solid hydrogen might be capable of staying solid after the pressure is removed, which solves a lot of the problems stated in this thread.

EDIT: Key word might. There were clearly some errors in the tests, as stated in the article.

–Hmm, Keith likes to punch things, could I just coat some nail knuckles in diamond? I’d simply say to coat his bare fists with diamond, but that seems like a bad idea. Not sure why it seems like a bad idea, but I just get this feeling it would be… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
–Side question, how many ‘fist’ weapons are there? I’ve only noticed two, the nail knuckles and a more blunt kind made of (I believe) steel. Muay thai is so freaking awesome if used right, GOTTA PUNCH EM’ ALL! :smiling_imp:
–Personally, I’d love if there was a gold kind of knuckle duster, gotta look good when you’re crushing zombie skulls with your fists! PLAYER SMASH! :angry:

EDIT: Added emojis…

There are 14, counting bionics. Find them in melee.json with the flag Unarmed_Weapon.

None of them are gold.

Diamond coating increases cutting damage since diamond is hard but not very strong. It would shatter if you coated knuckle dusters in it.

Nail knuckles are fine but probably the best one is the palm dagger, since it does cutting damage and is one of the best. The cestus is also decent.

Gold is too soft, it would distort on their faces.

Well technically I’t just be a coating of gold, not the whole thing. Because yes, I know gold really isn’t a strong metal. Despite what many video game programmers seem to think. That said, maybe they just do it since gold is perdy.

Niten+Diamond Katana is kind of busted. The Nodachi is good, but it’s swing speed is slower than the Katana and with Niten and a Diamond Katana you’ll be one shotting non-Hulk zombies anyway.

Drug dealers often gold plate their guns for funsies, it’s definitely possible. Nottotally sure how a post apocalyptic survivor would go about it but they could.

The katana is good too but the nodachi will take out anything, and it has a decent chance of gibbing zombies outright.

Okay, I created an account just so I could join this syfy debacle. The canisters say they contain metallic hydrogen, which is currently purely theoretical. The idea is that hydrogen under extreme pressure will condense and eventually for a crystalline structure, and there’s reasons for this theory, however you would need a way to prevent fusion, which is non theoretical. We have fused, in laboratories, the first 13 or so entries in the periodic table. Hydrogen being number one, is one of those. High pressure, plus two hydrogen atoms, result in helium (isotopic).

The pressure required for the metallic hydrogen phase is about Jupiter core pressure. The pressure required for fusion is star pressure. Brown giant planets (for some stupid reason called brown dwarves by astronomers, as if they were stars) are much larger than Jupiter, but not quite large enough to start fusion.

Thus, metallic hydrogen would not be at risk of spontaneous fusion even if it is kept under pressure (there are theories that it might remain metallic if pressure is reduced to normal atmospheric pressure and at room temperature, which would allow for the canisters themselves to be rather mundane).

Combat Chainsaw. Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum

3 Years Later Once again a thread has risen from the dead.

I am a necromancer…

Pressure required varies which is why we have not fused above iron (13?) But we have caused pressure fusion here on earth.

source, please
obligatory 20 symbols