Best Sword to give Diamond Coating to?

All I know of is hydrogen bombs and the fusion reactor experiments, and I wouldn’t call those “pressure” in any conventional sense. Apart from that I only know of atom high speed collisions resulting in fused atoms (resulting in trans uranium elements as well as the transmutation to gold [from oxygen, not lead], and more mundane ones). Iron is the last element whose production releases energy, while the ones higher up consume energy, if I remember correctly. Stars are thus capable of producing up to iron (but only really massive stars go that high up in the periodic table), while the ones above apparently are produced in the ejectae from (super)novae.

In short, I don’t know of any such achievements.

Iter in France is working on a commercial fusion generator. Their using large magnets to reduce the magnetic fields that normally prevent fusion, and then also heat and pressure to cause the fusion (this is the simplified version). While I can’t find their documentation (peer review that is) I doubt they would be funding it the way they are if they had no experimentation proving it possible. Aside from that my google history is tainted with coding so I can’t search for fusion without 1000’s of search results of api’s trying to sound sexy. Either way here’s a wiki about iter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

Gotta love that google bubble, huh? :smirk:

Ya, this is how we get anti vaxers. For what it’s worth I have seen a peer review on fusion in the lab. But I realize a stranger on the internet is always sus. Alas had I been a physics major I could say you can trust me, I’m an expert.

Yes, fusion reactors (such as ITER and NIF) are using magnets to contain the plasma, and yes, there is pressure involved, but there are also extreme temperatures which are essential to reach the energy density to achieve fusion, but the plasma at those temperatures would immediately vaporize anything they come into contact with, which is why magnetic fields are essential (and the reason you can’t put the plasma in a container made out of atoms).
It should also be noted that the fusion reactor experiments have just reached the level where the energy produced is larger than the energy put into production, but most of the energy produced can’t be recovered currently, so they’re still operating at a net loss of energy. Thus, commercial fusion reactors are 20 years away, just as they were 20 years ago…
Hydrogen bombs use a fission bomb to compress and heat the hydrogen to fusion temperature/pressure levels, but, again, extreme temperatures are used together with pressure.

Well I’ve been enjoying reading all of this, but luckily for me I play with Magiclysm on, so I’m just going to infer that Hydrogen Cells were a top-secret Technomancer achievement before everything went to hell.

Haha, best response.

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it lol, I see you’re just as active on this thread as always :smile:
Yeah, simpler to just call it magic and be done with it haha