Bandit not hostile

So I jumbled into a bandit camp, and they’re not doing much, just shilling and not answering my message. Now, that doesn’t seem to be WAD. Shouldn’t they be hostile? Is there a debug command to turn a NPC hostile ?

They’re not turning hostile exactly one turn after spotting you? Are you seeing them at night? Bandits also don’t have any dialogue because you’re not supposed to be able to talk to them in the first place (They’re always hostile and shooting at you the instant they see you, normally). You can turn them hostile by temporarily giving yourself the Psychopath trait through the debug menu and attacking them (Otherwise you’ll be all emo and depressed for killing those poor, poor, innocent bandits that hurt absolutely nobody in their lives). Closest thing there is to making a NPC hostile through debug.

Nah, they’re just happy to let me walk in broad daylight and steal their stuff.

Good idea about psychopath. Too bad I didn’t think of it: my char died after the morale penalty took way longer than expected to wear off. OD’d when trying to raise my morale high enough with heroin to not starve. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sheb, post:3, topic:12523”]Nah, they’re just happy to let me walk in broad daylight and steal their stuff.

Good idea about psychopath. Too bad I didn’t think of it: my char died after the morale penalty took way longer than expected to wear off. OD’d when trying to raise my morale high enough with heroin to not starve. :p[/quote]

Could have just used a vibrator. You’ll still be depressed as hell after it wears off, though. No way to debug the morale penalties into going away early as far as I know.

No vibrator when doing a woodsman challenge. Plus, I had like -300 morale.