"Ascension mod" or: "Winning DDA: the mod"

Winning DDA + Cata++ = i am in hell for good…

Winning DDA increase difficulty by 200% (i love it)

Cata++ adds a monster that regenerate so quickly that Anti material rifle is the only solution (good)

i gave this combination hell/heaven :smile:

Personally, I hate the concept of too much magic added to the game as a default. Modding magic is fine. The pseudo technology is fine though. At least it makes the attempt at realism.

This mod is broken again after a recent cdda update (9166). I hadn’t updated in a few weeks so I’m not sure which version broke ascension. Both pk’s and arcana work by themselves, so I’m sure ascension is the problem. Here’s the error I am getting when trying to begin character creation on a new world:

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Winning_DDA/terrain.json: line 4:26: missing mandatory member “description”

[
{
“type” : “terrain”,
“id” : “t_altar”,
^
“name”: “macabre altar”,
“symbol”: “#”,
“color”: “red”,

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 811

Here’s a fixed version.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=76847162688389333207

I’m getting three errors I need some help with, using the version Gunblast posted a couple weeks ago.

1. monster mon_blob_brain has no harvest entry
    This is a known error that from what I could find online, doesn’t actually do anything. Still, the error with blazemod has been around so long that I thought it weird it’s still there O_o

2. There are too many mandatory overmap specials (74 > 72)
    Also known error, solution is I guess to turn some mods off. Which do you suggest I turn off? I have More Locations, Fuji’s More Buildings, Mapgen Demo and Urban Development. Basically all the ones packaged in the Launcher.

3. invalid overmap terrain id “hell_city_entranceNW”
    This is the one that’s actually causing my game to crash, and I can’t figure out how to solve it. It goes on to list almost every overmap id from hell_city as invalid (basically all the ones that are from PK’s and not the ones added in Ascension). The error only happens when running Ascension, it does not happen running just PK’s and Arcana.

Please halp :x

1 Like

Hello, I’m not currently updating this project anymore, mainly because I’ve been banned by mr Kevin for 1000 years here and on github (lol) for disagreeing with him over minutiae. I also hear that LUA support is going to be dropped, which can’t be good for PK.
Anyway, I can’t close this talk anymore and there is a chance this might actually get deleted (I tried posting several months ago and it got deleted, dude can really hold a grudge).
Anyway, my hands are tied until 3018.
Until then!

1 Like

A shame. Cataclysm is in desperate need of endgame challenges since the only real killer of late mid-game characters is boredom.

“To think is sacred; let every person think freely! To express what you think is sacred; let every person express his thought freely! If you do this, you prove that you are a conscientious and a moral human being! If you don’t do this, you just declare yourself being fascist!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

PKs never had anything to do with Lua

I kinda brute forced this one away, but I stayed consistent with the harvest entries I chose. Replace your boss_monsters.json with this and it’ll shut up.

Dump the mapgen demo, it eats a lot of slots for not much return.

This one is giving me a headache. I disabled all the files in the PK directory. You lose the mechaspider boss fight in the altered hellspire, so debug one in if you want to fight it. Or, add it to a monstergroup and shit your pants when they start wandering around downtown. I’m at a loss as to why it doesn’t work, making maps mystifies me.

Good luck.

Unfortunate that all this drama happened. I really liked this mod. Hopefully someone would be willing to pick it up later.

2 Likes

Hello I’m mr Silearytalert and definitely not the owner of this project and I have decided out of sheer cameraderie and because I was bored to fix what was broken in the mod and make it playable again even in .D.
In the kindness of his heart, mr Trelatyraelis has given me the ability to use his account for updating purposes. What a swell fella. If you need anything, just ask me.
I’ll be updating the modified files in a moment, once I rememb- I learn how this thing works again.

Aaaand we’re live!

Everything should work out of the box. Remember that it won’t work unless you use the latest versions of arcana and PK straight from their githubs, in the OP post.
Have a great week!:grinning:

9 Likes

I got an error when i tried to start it up, with both of the required mods updated to their latest.

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Winning_DDA/Arcana/construction.json: line 3:33: requested non-existing member “id”

[
{
“type” : “construction”,
^
“description” : “Erect Altar”,
“category” : “CONSTRUCT”,
“required_skills” : [

LINE : 781

Any ideas for a fix?

Just clarifying. I should install ONE of these two right?

[quote]
https://github.com/Siyalatas/PKs_Rebalancing (updated less often, a lot of QoL changes)
https://github.com/Dissociativity/PKs_Rebalancing (bleeding edge)[/quote]

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Winning_DDA/Arcana/construction.json: line 3:33: requested non-existing member “id”

[
{
“type” : “construction”,
^
“description” : “Erect Altar”,
“category” : “CONSTRUCT”,
“required_skills” : [

LINE : 781

I am getting this error too, using today’s most current experimental build.

Does this mod work on the most current experimental at all? I know the answer is “probably not” but the experimental is so close to being released as a stable build that it’d be nice if it worked, I cannot play endgame without this mod anymore, the vanilla endgame is so boring.

A helpful goat is helping keep mods like this functioning. Using the version from his pack I was able to generate a world and a character without major errors.

1 Like

I will try and keep this working I haven’t tried it lately, I’m fixing major bugs then lesser bugs later I’m going to make sure it still works now

game post with a lot of errors and discards that’s fine, ill work on it at some point I think this will be a longer task unless the mod author @trelatyraelis wants to do some work on his mod or whoever is maintaining

download arcana from here https://github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod the base game arcana isnt uptodate.

There is no Arcana in base game.

ah i must of added it to my data/mods by mistake.