Arent gun extensions useless?

I noticed that gun extensions are kind of useless with most guns, as they only lower GUN penalties to zero,and most guns already habe values of zero or close.

For Example a HK 416a5 has 0 dispersion,loaded with reloaded .223 has 0+4 Dispersion.
Add a Rail laser Sight (- 4 dispersion),and its still 0+4 Dispersion.
So whats the Point ???.

One, sights don’t influence gun dispersion (unless you’re on 0.A still), they affect separate stats, sight dispersion and aim speed.
Laser sights in particular let you aim from minimal aim levels to decent aim levels quickly.
Two, some guns might not need stat improvements, what’s the problem with that?

I use 0.B Brine.
In the Description of Guns i see no “Aim Speed” ,i guess you mean Recoil ?
Are there hidden Stats besides Recoil,Dispersion,Range,Damage and Armorpiercing?

The Problem?
Well i find no use for several Mods,especially the recoil and Dispersion improving ones.

for Example what am i supposed to do with a single -8 dispersion rifle scope mod ,
if my worst rifle has something like 4 Dispersion.And the Rifle i actually use has 0 Disp.
Would i pimp a Rifle with several such mods (f.E. Rifle Scope & Custom Stock),i would only add dead Weight.

Imho the Problem is this:
Gun Mods do not influence the recoil and Dispersion added by the Bullet,if one can believe the Gun Description Stats.
And one finds Guns which cannot be improved much (Disp and Recoil) ,more often and so way earlier ,than the (Disp and Recoil) improving Mods.

They might not be worth having, But they sure are badass, And that’s reason enough.

Depends on what guns and ammo you use. I’ve gotten great results out of gun mods.

[quote=“Bob123, post:3, topic:8735”]I use 0.B Brine.
In the Description of Guns i see no “Aim Speed” ,i guess you mean Recoil ?
Are there hidden Stats besides Recoil,Dispersion,Range,Damage and Armorpiercing?[/quote]

The latest experimental build added the “Sight Dispersion” and “Aim Speed” stats to guns

Actually anything that reduces Recoil is good to have, because it can push the stat into the negatives, and offset any recoil added by the ammo. On the other hand, Dispersion can only go down to 0.

EDIT:
Plus, there are several mods that add more features to the guns. EX: Suppressor(s), Firearm Waterproofing, Extended/Double Magazines, Grenade/Shotgun/Flamethrower/Crossbow attachments, Etc.

Oh yea forgot about that. They’re present in 0.B but forgot to update the info display to show them.

Gun dispersion does not offset ammo dispersion, or stat or skill or any other dispersion for that matter.
It also cannot go negative.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:8735”]Gun dispersion does not offset ammo dispersion, or stat or skill or any other dispersion for that matter.
It also cannot go negative.[/quote]

What about Dispersion from mods? Because I’ve found when modding already accurate guns for reduced Dispersion that even after loading ammo into them it’s not unusual for the total Dispersion to add up to 0. Which is usually my goal for awesome sniping.

Gun mods can bring down gun dispersion to 0, but it still does not counteract ammo, skill, etc dispersion.
That having been said, anywhere close to 0 is pretty damn accurate.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:9, topic:8735”]Gun mods can bring down gun dispersion to 0, but it still does not counteract ammo, skill, etc dispersion.
That having been said, anywhere close to 0 is pretty damn accurate.[/quote]

Does that mean that total Dispersion displaying as 0 when the gun is loaded is a bug?

Sshhh! He’ll nerf my railgun!

But yeah, a gratuitous collection of gun mods can bring the dispersion from ammo and the weapon itself to zero. Shooting at targets over 20m away would be a right pain without it I reckon.