Ant spawn's

It’s not a bug, more like a suggestion. It’s would be good to limit ant’s spawn somehow. Or make them not go far away from theyr hill at least.

It’s a town several map tiles away from anthill. I think this is just to much. Maybe it’s should be limited by some factors, so they don’t clog up the screen like that?

How much is ‘a few’ map tiles? Generally, their range is around 10 map tiles.

They are ants. Have you seen a disturbed ant swarm before? they look like that.

I didn’t disturb them this time actually :slight_smile: And my house were maybe 3-4 tiles away.
In my previous games i did raid some hills tho, and didn’t see so much ants even inside. Probably because the longer player stays in the region, the bigger criter population gets?

Yeah, I think spawn rates could stand to include drop-off rates that take distance from the spawning point into account. I remember when swamps were pretty much game-ending deathtraps because once you walked past one, you’d forevermore be swarmed by a neverending stream of swamp creatures no matter where you went.

iirc the ants and a lot of other spawns use the dynamic spawn system. The more noise, the more ants. Perhaps they should be despawned indeed.

I’m very sorry… but i had to do THIS.

Poor ants.

You sure your name isn’t The Ant Agonizer? :smiley:

I think ants should behave the way they do in real life: moving in little groups, in line. Maybe even going to take leaves from the bushes while warrior ants stay in the cave, with the larvae.

Nice one!

It’s sure feels wrong, when one can walk inside anthill and face almost no resistance on theyr way to queen chambers. Also more wrongs - there was two queens. Well, at least that much i found untill my batteries ran out.
Acid rain came next day morning…

It’s a know-stuff from a long time as far as i know.
Maybe someone will deal with this using a despawn-code (also needed for almost every no-zombies spawn), but don’t hope much on this, there is actualy enought to do.

[quote=“qurvax, post:11, topic:5241”]It’s sure feels wrong, when one can walk inside anthill and face almost no resistance on theyr way to queen chambers. Also more wrongs - there was two queens. Well, at least that much i found untill my batteries ran out.
Acid rain came next day morning…[/quote]Yeah there definitely needs to be more soldier ants hanging around the entrance to the anthill, as well as more hanging around the queen’s chamber.

I have had an ant queen spawn right next to my base while I was raiding, when I got back the Queen had laid millions of eggs outside my kitchen window and I was chased out by a bunch of soldier ants, I was so pissed I spawned some NPC’s to help take the ants out. I also one time saw an Ant Queen pass by my house again, I tried following it to see when it would lay some useful eggs, but I got bored (damn thing is SOOOO SLOOOOWWWW) and went to organise my house and when I got back to check on it in a few ingame minutes time it had disappeared and I couldn’t find it! This was also the experimental the day befor 0.A came out so it may have been fixed?

I very much doubt it. There was no words of someone messing around non-z spawn code for quite a long time :slight_smile: At least on the forums.
Well, since we have stable out, maybe it’s time for ppl who can actually code, to consider looking into the matter.