Spawning and how it works?

Ok so i’ve run across an anthill near my base, and it seems not so well guarded ase others i’ve managed to get myself 70 ant eggs without exploring all the hive, so my question is, once yolu get the eggs do they appear again?, i mean does the queen keep laying eggs? i haven’t even seen her, biggest threat down there were soldier ants so far…

There is a spawn pool of ants that will spawn around the hill. As long as the queen is alive, the pool will get replenished. Once the queen dies, the ants remaining in the pool will continue to spawn, but when the pool is emptied no more ants will spawn.

Ok i get that, and i’m sorry that i didn’t explain myself better, but what i wanted to know was if the eggs would still spawn even if i emptied the lair entirely, thanks…

As far as I know, they don’t keep spawning, but I haven’t spent a whole lot of time with the ants myself.

After a quick code spelunk, the only source of any eggs is map generation, so there will never be any more. In fact the queen has a power that makes ant eggs hatch, so the number will actually reduce over time if you’re nearby.

Last I knew, the Queen could spawn eggs if none were around, hatch eggs if any are present, feed larvae to grow them to ants, and I think feed ants to upgrade them to soldiers. I wouldn’t hang around the Queen without taking some action to hide scent, at minimum.

Thanks for the confirmation KA101 that’s what i wanted to know :slight_smile: these eggs have 100 nutrition value a piece so they come in handy if you mess up like me and end up starving and need to eat a whole elephant reservoir to saciate yourself -_-

Last I knew, the Queen could spawn eggs if none were around, hatch eggs if any are present, feed larvae to grow them to ants, and I think feed ants to upgrade them to soldiers. I wouldn’t hang around the Queen without taking some action to hide scent, at minimum.[/quote]

Ants are a joke they fear a lit torch or any Fire source and flee like crazy. though ant eggs are good emergency food and good for making lots of super glue.

in .6 both ant hills and bee hives are an awesome free food source that will last you months. i personally prpefer beehives because royal jelly rules.

I have farmed eggs from the ant queen with the insect pheromones mutation before. The queen will occasionally lay eggs as an attack basically and then turn the eggs she is near into ants in quick succession. So as long as the queen remains alive and dosn’t get eaten by the wall by you going up and down the staircase too many times, you have an infinite food source. Remember to eat your vitamins though.

I had something similar happen to me with dynamic spawn mode. I spawned next to a fairly mid-sized town, and the only zombies that ever spawned after two days were child zombies, and they were all trapped in a fence anyways.

Side note: I was killed on the third day of looting when I was travelling back to my base in a Lab when I ran into a Jabberwock. This is because the .6 version made the chance of spawning a Jabberwock in a forest tile 1 for every 300 forest tiles. The current dev version made it so that it is decreased to 1 in 10000 (about 1-2 Jabberwocks per overmap.)

[quote=“SKiPPY, post:11, topic:2049”]I had something similar happen to me with dynamic spawn mode. I spawned next to a fairly mid-sized town, and the only zombies that ever spawned after two days were child zombies, and they were all trapped in a fence anyways.

Side note: I was killed on the third day of looting when I was travelling back to my base in a Lab when I ran into a Jabberwock. This is because the .6 version made the chance of spawning a Jabberwock in a forest tile 1 for every 300 forest tiles. The current dev version made it so that it is decreased to 1 in 10000 (about 1-2 Jabberwocks per overmap.)[/quote]This change made me sad. My current character has yet to encounter one.

Lol yesterday i saw my first one, good thing i was cruising in my mobile base and rammed the thing with my frontal blades, it left me a good supply of meat and leather patches :slight_smile:

O.O

So apparently they are making a new building called the Nuclear plant. It was put onto the wiki a non dev though, so I’m not sure if it’s true. If it is thought, it will be pretty sweet.

That’s been around-but-unimplemented since Whales, IIRC.

Mmmmmmmmmm Plutonion Cells?, Natural Artifacts?, New Gear?, Nasty New Monsters?, Biggest Building Evar? lots of possibilites there so keep up the good work :slight_smile: