Another vehicle thread?

Curtains can only be put on windshield/reinforced windshield and doors… but if you make a vehicle curtain (2 sheets, long string, wire, heavy stick? Something like that), you can put it a whole lot of places. I use that with heavy duty hatches to replace doors with something stronger.

That’s one of a few reasons why I always put a roof over doors, so you don’t have that problem.

Since most vehicles don’t have roofs over the windshield does that mean that most vehicles are not considered and inside tile?

Windshields count as roof.

So, using some of the input on this thread, I made a vehicle using the various crafting stations as my outer walls, and used full boards in the corners, with a windshield on the front, as usual. I put curtains on the windows, doors and crafting stations. When I close them all, I block all visibility to the outside, and yet the interior of the vehicle is fully lit during the day, causing sleeping issues.

I have verified that all the non-wall tiles have a roof.

I have never used curtains before, but I assumed they block light.

Any ideas?

[quote=“Michi, post:24, topic:11778”]So, using some of the input on this thread, I made a vehicle using the various crafting stations as my outer walls, and used full boards in the corners, with a windshield on the front, as usual. I put curtains on the windows, doors and crafting stations. When I close them all, I block all visibility to the outside, and yet the interior of the vehicle is fully lit during the day, causing sleeping issues.

Any ideas?[/quote]
I have a vehicle sounding basically the same as yours, but about 5 versions ago. I think it’s a bug, possibly with curtains.

Might be the crafting stations as walls they might need roofs or might be letting light in but not LOS. I would put them behind boards my self or at least a layer of doors/hatches

[quote=“Michi, post:24, topic:11778”]So, using some of the input on this thread, I made a vehicle using the various crafting stations as my outer walls, and used full boards in the corners, with a windshield on the front, as usual. I put curtains on the windows, doors and crafting stations. When I close them all, I block all visibility to the outside, and yet the interior of the vehicle is fully lit during the day, causing sleeping issues.

Any ideas?[/quote]

Make a blindfold, install the anti-glare CBM (so you can turn your eyes off), or only sleep at night or when you’re dead tired or more.

Last I checked, there’s currently no way to make it dark inside a vehicle during the day, which is actually really convenient… for everything except sleeping.