Animatronic Monsters (V 2.0b)

Their senses are a bit too good as well, wanted something that attacks you when you come in, but they currently bash the doors down and come at you in the streets.

This is also what I am the most concerned about, not the difficulty of killing the animatronic monsters. I don’t want to meet animatronic monsters on the street several blocks away from the nearest pizzeria.

Also, perhaps the spawn rate of the building could be tuned down a bit, too. I had quite a number of those run down pizzerias last game, and that’s just not very realistic.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:21, topic:7801”]

Their senses are a bit too good as well, wanted something that attacks you when you come in, but they currently bash the doors down and come at you in the streets.

This is also what I am the most concerned about, not the difficulty of killing the animatronic monsters. I don’t want to meet animatronic monsters on the street several blocks away from the nearest pizzeria.

Also, perhaps the spawn rate of the building could be tuned down a bit, too. I had quite a number of those run down pizzerias last game, and that’s just not very realistic.[/quote]

One per overmap, max, seems about right. As for senses, I’d think deafness might be handy if you don’t want them leaving the building (lots of critters move based on sound); they could have fine NV if desired since they move around in the dark games OK.

Would it be possible to keep them contained in one spot?

Like you’d run by the pizzaria, and you’d keep seeing the robots chasing you up to the edge of the pizzaria terrain. Just staring you down.

[quote=“Muaddib, post:23, topic:7801”]Would it be possible to keep them contained in one spot?

Like you’d run by the pizzaria, and you’d keep seeing the robots chasing you up to the edge of the pizzaria terrain. Just staring you down.[/quote]

I think it’s theoretically possible but the only way I’ve got would be an ugly id-dependent hack. IMO, not worth it.

How can I lower the spawn rate of the pizzeria? There are a lot of them, and life as day 1 survivor is tough, and they’re still tuff when you have 10 of them attacking you at the same time on day 19

The way it’s set up, should only be 4 per pizzeria, bit it’s 100% chance of it.

You’d open up the pizzeria json, the building file, and it’s near the bottom where it shows the spawn locations and chances of the animatronics.

I’ll work on the mod again soon, but I’m going to have to ask sooo many stupid/easy questions to do more lol

My only complaint about the animitronics is that all tronics have the exact same statistics, at least in mainstream version.

Released a new update, this message is to bump the thread, changelog is listed in the first post :3

Released a new update

Only kinda; where’s your PR?

Haven’t yet, just in drop box for now.

Haven’t yet, just in drop box for now.[/quote]

Needs proofreading at least; haven’t looked at balance. :-/

Here it is update Animatronics to 2.0a by pouar · Pull Request #11232 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub

Removed animatronic speech for the reasons mentioned on the pull request.

Since FN@F3 is now out and about, do we get a Spring Rabbit animatronic, or hallucinated ones such as Shadow Bear/Rabbit?

Hello there! When I have Animatronic Monsters in my mod list the pizzeria and Animatronics never show up. The animatronics only show up if my character is hallucinating. Is there anyway to fix this?

I actually was looking for this thread to ask about this myself. Having played around with the settings and world gen, I think it has to do with Static/Dynamic spawn. When I have Static spawn off, the Pizzerias are empty, but when Static spawn is on they show up. I think this also affects the packaged DinoMod, as the Wildlife Field Offices never have creatures in them when I play with Static spawn off. I don’t know if this is a bug, or something to do with the way the mods put the creatures into the game.

i would thinkit would be kinda make them safer and more dangerous if the animatronic monsters are extremly docile during the day but super hostile at night… liek they will hunt you down if they are loaded kinda hostile :stuck_out_tongue: also this needs golden freddy and springtrap should show up in a boarded up room in a pizza shop.

Dear Lanceo90,

according to your profile, the last time you’ve been active in this forum was May 13, 2016. So you’re probably not active anymore. The Animatronics Mod has been marked obsolete by the developers. I therefor will include it in my mod “Overmap Rebalancing”. I hope, this is alright by you. If you don’t want my to do this, please send me a message!
I thank you for fantastic work. :slight_smile:

Sincerely

Leon

EDIT:
I included following credits to you in the Overmap Rebalancing Mod; please contact me if you want changes to them.

== ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ==
== ==
== CATACLYSM: DARK DAYS AHEAD - Overmap Rebalancing Mod ==
== ==
== // Main Menu // Credits // Credits - Lanceo90 (Mod “Animatronic Monsters (V 2.0b)”) ==
== ==
== ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ==

"Animatronic Monsters (V 2.0b)" was created by Lanceo90.
                                                   (http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1243)
It can be found at http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8258.0

All rights belong to Lanceo90.
Thank you for your fantastic work! :)

CONTENT - LET'S HEAR THE AUTHOR:

Just in time for FNaF 3 coming out, an update to incorporate a lot of FNaF 2 things. I'm sorry, I'm not as
dedicated as Scott Cawthon xD
This mod adds a building called a bankrupt pizzeria to the game. These buildings spawn animatronic robots inside.
They're big, they're fast, and have fallen into disrepair since the apocalypse hit...
Wait, if they are robots, why do they stink like death?

Please report bugs, I added a lot and haven't had a chance to test it all myself.