~ and ^ problems

so I had stopped playing CDDA for a while and then came back to it, (a few months ago) and when I tried to control a vehicle it required me to press the ^ key twice, I thought that maybe it was a problem with control vehicle so I switched the key to another and it worked fine, but I remember it working fine before, also the same happens with the ~ key (which is the default for whitelist enemy), I’m uncertain if this is an actual bug or if its due to me not using an American standard keyboard (which is why i didn’t make an issue on github)

My current build is: 6661 but I first noticed this in version: 6537

is ^ also the 6 key?

no on my keyboard ^ and ~ is the same key, and that is all that key is used for.

Same problem here, it’s a little bit annoying.

My guess is that on some languages, like Portuguese (it uses some chars like ô, ê), the keyboard/language in the system is setup as follows:

As soon as you press the key ^, it doesn’t display anything, it “applies” the ^ to the next key you press, usually a vowel.

I think the previous way Cataclysm identified a key was through a “pure” keypress. Something changed and now it identifies like a “return from the system” for that char, ^.

If you press ^ and then -space-, it will work too, because internally the ^ char will only really “appear” after being applied to something.

My guess is that they changed something in the code that now captures keypress differently.

A work around for this is to setup your keyboard/language to english, so as soon as you press ^, it shows on screen without additional keypresses.

So yeah, I guess you are Brazilian, just like me, lol.

We should report this on github.

My guess is that on some languages, like Portuguese (it uses some chars like ô, ê), the keyboard/language in the system is setup as follows:

As soon as you press the key ^, it doesn’t display anything, it “applies” the ^ to the next key you press, usually a vowel.

I think the previous way Cataclysm identified a key was through a “pure” keypress. Something changed and now it identifies like a “return from the system” for that char, ^.

If you press ^ and then -space-, it will work too, because internally the ^ char will only really “appear” after being applied to something.

My guess is that they changed something in the code that now captures keypress differently.

A work around for this is to setup your keyboard/language to english, so as soon as you press ^, it shows on screen without additional keypresses.

So yeah, I guess you are Brazilian, just like me, lol.

Yes I am (the forum is english speaking it would be rude to switch languages).
Thank you so much for this explanation!, I did not know how to word it properly, I will open an issue on github, thanks a lot! (It’s good to know I haven’t gone crazy ^_^)