SDL bug?

I’ve been using the curses version for some time now even tho I’m on Win7 because the “@” symbol doesn’t seem to get recognized in the SDL version. Tought it was time to report it. Any possible known reasons?

I haven’t heard of this from anyone else, can someone confirm that this is happening to them?

Running WinXP. Just grabbed the SDL experimental (as in, ~2 minutes before this post goes up), hit play now, and there’s both an @ in the game screen and the @ key works fine.

Sorry.

Weird.

Also what I meant by not being recognized was plainly acessing the character screen thru the @

What king of keyboard? Typical QWERTY?

Yes. Typical european QWERTY keyboard.

European and US keyboards have @ in different places what happens if you try " (shift+2). That is where the @ is on US keyboards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

Still doesn’t detect the @ as shift+2. It’s still wierd that it takes the ctrl+alt+2 as @ in Curses and not in SDL.

[quote=“Vronkio, post:4, topic:2790”]Weird.

Also what I meant by not being recognized was plainly acessing the character screen thru the @[/quote]

Sorry. LCS has been having some font issues recently, and back in June Cata’s font got all smushed together. (Fixed now, no worries.) Just checking.

By the way, what if you try right alt instead of left?

[quote=“Vronkio, post:8, topic:2790”]Still doesn’t detect the @ as shift+2. It’s still wierd that it takes the ctrl+alt+2 as @ in Curses and not in SDL.[/quote]Weird. I’ve heard of SDL in general having issues with layouts, so I thought it might be that.

Keybindings can be changed in the help menu. That might show what key SDL thinks you pressed when you press @.