Am I equipped enough to attempt my first Science Lab?

I wouldn’t worry about anything in the labs except for the finale. The finale is a bit dangerous because of the security bots that can pepper you full of lead. Besides the turrets and security bots, the only thing I would worry about are zombio bio-operators and those feral mutants that can regen their health and pack quite a punch.
You’ll mostly see low-tier zombies and scientists, and if you decide to open up the military bunker you’ll get soldier’s with occasional tougher zombies. Prison containment only really has meds and some tougher civilian zombies like brutes.

If you’re really worried about it, I recommend that you stay in the dark and be very careful when you open doors to prevent you from getting killed by a turret. If you manage to destroy the turret and keep the console next to it intact, you can download map data and reveal a huge portion of your overworld map.
The way how I took care of the security bot finale is to stay in the dark and shout at them to lure the security bots to a dark room where I can trap them, or shoot at them from the darkness with a .308 (preferably .50 cal) rifle.

1 Like

of note: hemostatic powder is -NOT- a bandage. it ONLY stops bleeding.

you’ll still wanna bandage up and anti-septic powder/liquid in order to heal up that part.

3 Likes

And riot control bots spewing 'hacks armed with anything ranged from tear gas to C4. Heard horror stories about mininuke ones but never seen one in labs myself.
And it’s “barracks”. “Military bunkers” are different things and never intersect with labs.

2 Likes

I’ve found one or two mininuke ones in the wreck of hacked deployment vehicles, but I’m not sure if that was in a lab or a military facility (0.E2 stable), so I’m sure they actually exist.

Because when medical gauze and high firstaid only does 17% of the bleed you will die and that’s likely to happen atleast once in a lab. Sometimes more. Honestly should just always keep that stuff on you, great for critical bullet wounds and getting your throat slit.

Mininuke hacks do indeed exist. I
Always play safe and grenade anything with hacks from around a corner as a hack of grenade, c4, or god forbid a nuke going off in your face is a death sentence.

guys, I’m not arguing mininuke hacks do not exist, just that I haven’t seen them in labs.

1 Like

I did see one launched way back in the D era but not sure in the current era as I never let those things launch hacks at all which really really should be the optimal solution.

It has the highest armor values, but it only has 85% coverage, which means a one in six chance that it does NOTHING AT ALL against a specific shot. A lower armor value with higher coverage is preferable to the ESAPI. Especially when you’re worried about turrets, which use burst fire and can roll for that 1-in-6 chance several times per turn.

1 Like

thats why i mentioned riot armor, which has a lower armor value but covers 100%

… of not only your body but your arms and legs too~

Better an esapi to increase your likelyhood of survival than to go without. Riot aint gonna save you any better than my heavy survivor suit ever does with bullets. At 85% it will most likely stop atleast one of 2-3 bullets which is all I need to survive a volley. If it stops more than one a volley can actually leave you essentially unharmed if sufficiently lucky. Happens often enough to be well worth it and it’s not like an esapi is ever your only protection.

2 Likes

Riot control bots only spew out relaxation gas, stun you, use flash bangs and cuff you. I don’t remember seeing them in labs, but you would most likely find skitterbots down there. They’re fast and use a stun gun so they’re pretty dangerous if you’re caught in a group.

The thing you’re thinking about is the NR-V05-M dispatch. These basically replaced the old elite zombie grenadiers that can toss out mininuke hacks.
I only remember finding these in military outposts, not lab finales but I digress. Any robot found in the labs should be fought with caution. Military barracks, not bunkers, carry nothing but zombies from what I’ve seen, but I’m pretty sure if you don’t hack the armory and you go in brute-force there will be turrets in there.

he’s talking specifically about the turret at the entrance of most labs, which is usually a TALON turret
which will shred you if you arent careful, and you cant run it over with a car like most talon turrets you find in the wild.

also, you find more manhacks than skitters in labs, along with a large variety of zombies and sometimes supernatural creatures.

our intrepet OP in this post was in fact killed by a TALON turret.

1 Like

Not finales, finales can have talon m16 bots which are bad news too. Dispatches can spawn in barracks, I’ve found a couple of them last week in a fresh world.

1 Like