Allow storing Steel Rail/Rebar Rail in quivers?

Given that they have the exact same volume, and presumably form factor, as arrows, I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to store the ammunition for a Ferromagnetic Rail Rifle in a quiver. It makes perfect sense from an ergonomics standpoint as well, as far as reloading is concerned, seeing as the Rail Rifle is effectively a big, high tech crossbow.

I think they have significantly different proportions.

Depending on the exact design of the quiver, its generally just a tube, capped at one end, holding sticks. If the sticks are made of metal, or wood, shouldn’t make much difference beside how many they can hold. At the very least, it should be possible to make/convert a quiver to handle Rails. Bit of reinforcement to handle the weight difference. Unless that already exists, I’ve never had a rail rifle.

Steel weights up to nearly 20x as much as wood of the same volume. While carrying quiver full of arrows is ok, the same quiver full of rebars can simply rupture bottom of quiver or sever belt.

So, a new item. “Reinforced Quiver” that can hold either arrows or rebar.

Well remember, you can currently store steel bolts in them, no problem.

Steel Rail: Made entirely from steel, 25 ml volume, weighs 500g each.
Steel Crossbow Bolt: Made entirely from steel, 25 ml volume, weighs 200g each.

Honestly, a quiver made of leather should have no problem whatsoever carrying at least 10 of these. That’s only 5 kilograms total, about the same weight as an assault rifle. I don’t see that tearing it’s way through the bottom of a leather quiver. Leather is tough. Requiring a reinforced version just to carry them seems like overkill. Especially seeing as the alternative is carrying a bunch of loose, sharpened steel rods in your backpack, or the pockets of your jeans.

Arrows/bolts weights 5~50 grams. Bolt that weights 200g would be fired by ballista, not crossbow :slight_smile:
Thats why you can have quiver full of bolts or arrows (up to 60 I guess) is not ripping. Just count it - 3kg arrows vs 60kg steel rebars…

dis is a decent idea.

[quote=“lordmatiz, post:7, topic:12765”]Arrows/bolts weights 5~50 grams. Bolt that weights 200g would be fired by ballista, not crossbow :slight_smile:
Thats why you can have quiver full of bolts or arrows (up to 60 I guess) is not ripping. Just count it - 3kg arrows vs 60kg steel rebars…[/quote]

Those are the actual, ingame stats. Steel bolts in CDDA weigh 200 grams each. And you are seriously underestimating the size of a ballista if you think one of their bolts would weigh 200g.

In any case, the idea of ripping a quiver by loading it with rebar is nonsense. Nothing you could comfortably fit in a quiver would cause it to rip from the weight alone. It’s made of leather, not tissue paper.

I definitely think the weights and volumes of arrows, bolts and rails could do with some rebalancing, but that’s a seperate matter. As-is, any current available storage option for the rails is significantly less plausible than a quiver.