Testing the Tank Drone

I hate tank drones. They are the only thing left that could conceivably kill my character. So I will be killing (or trying to kill) tank drones, for science. What weapons do you want me to test on them?

I will be testing:
M3 recoilless rifle explosives
various throwable explosives
mininuke launchers
V29 laser pistols
explosive crossbow bolts
EMP grenades
40mm grenades
20x66mm shotgun rounds
And more stuff if you suggest it!

why not tazer :wink:

goodluck with the testing! :slight_smile:

and electroshock cbm

Brawling!

Mossberg/Remington at close-ish range with flechette rounds.

The Electromagnetic Unit can supposedly be used to hurl road rollers at things, though I have not tried it yet.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:5, topic:7567”]Mossberg/Remington at close-ish range with flechette rounds.

The Electromagnetic Unit can supposedly be used to hurl road rollers at things, though I have not tried it yet.[/quote]

try kill hulk with electromagnetic unit and road rollers :slight_smile:

he will leave no body even not pupled one

Get your dodge skill up at a very high level, then get your character at a very high level, if you catch my drift. And get a jenyuwyne katana then clear out a street and the surrounding areas. Finally, craft a scabbard, sheathe your katana, stand in the middle of the street, and debug a tank drone at the other end.
Dramatically unsheathe your katana and rush the thing.
(It would be more awesome if you had the time dilation and uncanny dodge cbm. You’d be like a cyberninja…)

Oh, I almost forgot, don’t wear a shirt, and only wear taekwondo pants. Also, it wouldn’t hurt if you “conducted” this “experiment” on a cloudless night in an Oriental neighborhood.

Tank Drone uses marker light on Mad Max in the Humungus!
Mad Max panics!
Tank Drone is preparing to use 120mm super happy butthole penetrator!
Mad Max hauls ass out of there!
Mad Max finds a safe place to park the Humungus!
Mad Max grabs a packed M72 law and a cigar!
Mad Max lights his cigar and goes to find the Tank Drone!
Mad Max spots the Tank Drone!
Mad Max used M72 Law on Tank Drone!
It’s super effective!
You hear an explosion!

Yeah, engaged from about 60 spaces out, fired rocket, something like 4800 damage.

Debugging invisibility so I don’t die. I’m also not doing this on my main save.

Test: M3 recoilless rifle
Results: HEDP kills it in one hit, dear zombie Jesus. HE nearly kills it. Both are good options, and the smoke rocket would make a good cover while you aimed. Would recommend, as long as you spot the tank drone before it spots you.

Test: explosives
Results: C4 causes moderate injury. Dynamite kills in one hit. Grenade causes light injury. Mininuke kills in one hit, but is almost certainly overkill. I assume a mininuke launcher would have the same or similar effect. LAW kills in one hit. Your best bet is probably to carry around a stick of dynamite at all times.

Test: unmodified V29 laser pistol
Results: Shots are not powerful enough to penetrate the tank’s armor. D not use.

Test: explosive crossbow bolts
Results: Five shots, the number of explosive bolts I created, kills a tank drone. Regular bolts simply bounce off the tank’s armor. Would not recommend, tank wandered everywhere before I could kill it. That’s plenty of time to rip a normal player a new one.

Test: EMP grenades
Results: Causes moderate damage. Would not recommend.

Test: 40mm grenades, fired from an M79 launcher
Results: Concussive causes moderate damage. Flechette causes moderate damage, but is short-range. Frag causes light damage, most shrapnel bounces off the tank’s plating. Incendiary causes light damage and obscures the target in smoke and fire, until it decides to wander out. Buckshot causes light damage, and is short-range. Concussive is the best, but none are very good options. Would not recommend.

Test: 20x66mm shotgun rounds, fired by a RM228c short shotgun
Results: Explosive deals heavy damage. Flechette deals light damage. Frag deals light to moderate damage. Slug deals light to moderate damage. Explosive is best, and surprisingly better than a 40mm grenade launcher. Would recommend, but only if another option is not available.

Test: tazer, electroshock unit with bare hands
Results: Tazer deals very light damage. Electroshock deals heavy damage, but no noticeable difference over just beating the thing to death with my hands. I have 81 strength on a good day, and I can easily punch the the thing to death. Would not recommend unless you are a god.

Test: Mossberg with flechette rounds
Results: Moderate to light damage. Takes 6 shots to kill. Would not recommend.

Test: road rollers and electromagnetic unit
Results: COMPLETE OBLITERATION but also very hard to set up in a normal setting. Do it if you can, but otherwise try something else.

Test: the player taking a SEVERAL 120mm HEAT to the face
Results:

THIS IS WHY I MADE A BACKUP, NOOBKID YOU SUICIDAL BASTARD

quote="TheFlame52, post:10, topic:7567"Test: the player taking a SEVERAL 120mm HEAT to the face
Results:

THIS IS WHY I MADE A BACKUP, NOOBKID YOU SUICIDAL BASTARD[/quote]
Er, thanks?

What about RM20 burst point-blank?

Test: RAMMING IT WITH A HUGE-ASS TRUCK

Results: It only got one shot off with the mortar and one burst with the rifle before I ran it down. Would recommend, and you probably don’t even have to armor-plate the vehicle unless you want to use it again.

What about a smaller vehicle? A pickup?

Test: ramming it with a pickup truck
Results: The front of the truck is shot to hell. The battery is broken, too, so I won’t be driving this back to base. But fixing a pickup truck is an easy half-day job for a mid-level survivor, so it’s a good trade-off for eliminating a very dangerous enemy. Would recommend.

The question then becomes: What is the minium ‘size’ vehicle required to kill a tank drone via crashing into it? Obviously a bike wouldn’t work, but what WOULD it take?

AN HUM-WEE!!! ^ xD xD but…it could be,it’s well armored :3

my hummer survived 3 landmines so maybe they can take few 120 mm HEAT rounds and some 5.62

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:15, topic:7567”]Test: ramming it with a pickup truck
Results: The front of the truck is shot to hell. The battery is broken, too, so I won’t be driving this back to base. But fixing a pickup truck is an easy half-day job for a mid-level survivor, so it’s a good trade-off for eliminating a very dangerous enemy. Would recommend.[/quote]

I recently added a “pickup truck”, as we’d been using a much-larger-IRL “flatbed truck” to stand in. Which were you driving?

(Asked because in latest experimental you shouldn’t be able to move roller drums with the electromagnet CBM. Too heavy.)

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:18, topic:7567”]my hummer survived 3 landmines so maybe they can take few 120 mm HEAT rounds and some 5.62 5.56[/quote]FTFY.