Alec White's Miscellanea of Mods: Now with Small Shanty Districts

Decide to make a dedicated thread for my mods as they are too small additions to deserve their own threads.

Sewing Machine mod:

[ul][li]Adds a sewing machine that only uses threads, with a SEW quality of 2.[/li]
[li]The sewing machine acts as a sewing kit.[/li]
[li]Adds all the clothing/armor recipes that uses the sewing kit to use the sewing machine at half the crafting time.[/li]
[li]NSFW: Code gore alert, it includes the Python script used to make the mod, bad documented and nested to hell and beyond.[/li][/ul]

Have to say that it took me like a week and a half to learn Python and then like a week to make the Python script for the recipes.
It then took me another week to modify the Python script to update to the new sewing system.

It taught me that programmers must be all huge masochists to put up with their work.
In the end I didn’t know if I wanted to kill myself or kill everyone else.

Food Processor and Foodstuff:

[ul][li]Adds a food processor with its crafting recipe.[/li]
[li]Adds food processor recipes for oatmeal, cornmeal, flour, bone meal and tainted bone meal.[/li]
[li]Adds a miscellaneous of new cooking recipes.[/li][/ul]

Made a PR for the food processor and its recipes, so it may or may not become obsolete in the future.

Update: The PR was merged, so this is here for old characters.

No Funs Weapon Rebalance:

[ul][li]Disables gunshops and home defense stores from spawning in the world.[/li]
[li]Eliminates random weapons and ammo from common places in houses.[/li]
[li]Reduces the weapons in preppers/gun basements.[/li][/ul]

With only military/police related places for guns, this mod will make you dance in happiness whenever you find a handful of .22 bullets
Also it makes all the crafteable survivor weapons and bows; as well as the more exotic ones like the pneumatic bolt driver, electromagnetic railgun, etc, vital and part of the your daily survivor gear.

May The Emperor protect you if you ever find tank drones and chicken walkers.

Elementary Schooler:

[ul][li]Adds the elementary schooler starting profession.[/li]
[li]The elementary schooler starting profession has its own set of school uniform and backpack.[/li][/ul]

For when you want to role-play as a child with less than 8 strength.
It will make the CBMs and mutation that increases strength a must, and you don’t know how miserable is life in the cataclysm when you only have 5-6 strength to go around.

Drying Racks:

[ul][li]Adds drying racks, made out of metal and wood.[/li]
[li]The metal rack can dry more meat than the wood one.[/li]
[li]Adds meat strips ammo.[/li]
[li]Drying meat takes 3 in-game days .[/li]
[li]The process works like making charcoal, but with drying racks and meat.[/li]
[li]The result is dehydrated meat.[/li]
[li]Meat strips have a 1:1 relationship with dehydrated meat.[/li][/ul]

There are 2 types of drying racks: Metal drying rack and wood drying rack.
Before hanging the meat to dry you need to cut it into meat strips, and then (as craft recipe) load the rack.

You can partially fill a drying rack of meat and left it to dry.
Metal drying rack can be filled with: 20, 10 and 5 meat strips.
Wood drying rack can be filled with: 10 and 5 meat strips.

Dairy Farm:

[ul][li]Adds 4 square multi overmap tiles special location.[/li]
[li]The farm consist of a chain fenced area with a small house and 2 barns.[/li]
[li]Some vehicles may spawn in it.[/li]
[li]The farm consist of 20 cows.[/li][/ul]

Not much to say but that this was original made to go with a Lua mod to milk cows, but I couldn’t make said Lua mod.

Small Shanty District:

[ul][li]Adds 5 multi overmap tiles special location.[/li]
[li]The shanty consist of small shacks.[/li]
[li]There is a very varied loot, from guns to food to drugs to even CBMs.[/li]
[li]Adds a new tile, the wood scrap wall.[/li]
[li]Some bicycle/motocycle may spawn.[/li]
[li]Don’t miss visiting the food stall and taste the best street food of New England.[/li][/ul]

As always, the small shanty district and the drying rack are done while sleep deprived.

And that’s all for the moment.

Download Link

Very cool Alec! I just took a look to the jsons (to spoil myself a bit) and I’m excited to try it in my next plays. Thank you!

Diary Farm added.

Picture inside spoiler.

Diary Farm:

[ul][li]Adds 4 square multi overmap tiles special location.[/li]
[li]The farm consist of a chain fenced area with a small house and 2 barns.[/li]
[li]Some vehicles may spawn in it.[/li]
[li]The farm consist of 20 cows.[/li][/ul]

Good lord making multi overmap tiles location is hard, may need to fix the loot spawn locations.

Nice mods!
I personally love the No Funs mod. There’s a problem: I found a bloated gun basement. It was FULL of guns and ammo. I think it’d be a better idea to remove the gun basements completely, it’d go better with the theme of the mod. Eventually remove the guns spawning on dead drug dealers, etc. I’ll post a pic of the basement once I reach it; I’m quite far from it right now.

I didn’t know if completely remove gun basements or leave them be, so I instead opted to crank down item spawn in them. Same for prepper’s houses.

On a side note, forgot to add a modinfo.json for the diary farm. So fixed it, and fixed the spawn rate for the loot in the house at the diary farm.

Small shanty district added:

Small Shanty District:

[ul][li]Adds 5 multi overmap tiles special location.[/li]
[li]The shanty consist of small shacks.[/li]
[li]There is a very varied loot, from guns to food to drugs to even CBMs.[/li]
[li]Adds a new tile, the wood scrap wall.[/li]
[li]Some bicycle/motocycle may spawn.[/li]
[li]Don’t miss visiting the food stall and taste the best street food of New England.[/li][/ul]

Picture inside spoiler.

I think the monster group placement needs fixing as it seems they don’t work, but I may or not just leave it as it is. I like the feel of a empty shanty district too, but it maybe some zeds would improve it.

Also, added the Python script of the sewing machine mod. It is ugly as a sin, and the documentation may be counterproductive to everyone that isn’t me.
But then, I may not update that mod in the future, so I may as well put the script in a more fitting place.

Thank you very much for making this. The small shanty districts are a godsend for Middle of Nowhere spawns looking to escape the unforgiving cold.

Glad to hear that.

Github doesn’t shown number of downloads so I have no idea if anyone even downloads the mods.