With a few things going on with crafting as of late (proficiencies being added, some of the more “abstracted” recipes being made obsolete, recipes in general being added, etc), I have a feeling it’s probably a good time to add some relevant books to professions that you would logically expect to carry such a book with them.
So, before I make tany push requests on github, I’d like to discuss a bit what books will make sense for what professions (and also whether or not any of them will need point-cost adjustment).
So far I have the follow professions in mind:
- handy man — 101 Crafts for Beginners
- electrician — Electronic Circuit Theory
- blacksmith — The Streetfighter’s Sidekick … I guess…? Lots of books here that kind-of make sense, but they are mostly a bit too high level.
- tailor — Sewing Techniques for Designers
- home mechanic — Popular Mechanics, Under the Hood
- medical resident — The Big Book of First Aid
- survivalist — Outdoor Survival Guide
- survivalist jr. — Pocket Survival Guide
- roadie — What’s a Transistor?
- paramedic — First Responder Handbook
- helicopter pilot — army improvised field repairs manual
- trucker — Under the Hood
- combat medic — First Responder Handbook
- bionic prepper — Outdoor Survival Guide
- camper — Pocket Survival Guide