Professions in experimental builds

There are a lot. Tell about the ones you tried.

Blacksmith: Get 1 point in fabrication. Not sure how this works. But the EQ you get is VERY good. Especially if you are cranking up the zombies
– hammer: Great starter weapon
– fire gloves: good armor.

Wannabe mechanic is kinda pointless now you don’t need a point in mechanics to craft a crowbar, although it could be good if you’re planning a fast vehicle startup.

Shower victim for an extra point but no pants-- still it’s nice to start buck naked and see what happens.

Unemployed – pretty much standard, except you start with some matches and a knife.

Military recruit – probably the most balanced so far… army pants a combat knife. Binocs and firearms/survival is just a nice bonus.

Hobo/Prostitute/Crackhead – pretty simple. start with a massive temporary disadvantage for an extra few points in chargen.

Some of the joke profs are pretty fun too. Clown especially.
‘I pull the shotgun out of my clownpants and shoot him in the face.’

Tailor profession is great for making clothes like I do in the beginning.

-Start off with a blazer for armor/warmness (I never wear it though)
-Sewing kit for making backpacks and trenchcoats and the such. (Get rags and thread form breaking windows and taking apart the 3 inch string)
-Sewing book if you didn’t put any points into tailoring
-Scissors!

All of this for one point!

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:3, topic:2957”]Tailor profession is great for making clothes like I do in the beginning.

-Start off with a blazer for armor/warmness (I never wear it though)
-Sewing kit for making backpacks and trenchcoats and the such. (Get rags and thread form breaking windows and taking apart the 3 inch string)
-Sewing book if you didn’t put any points into tailoring
-Scissors!

All of this for one point![/quote]

…wait, you can take string apart into thread? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH–
Goddamn. Every time I run out of thread I look for things to butcher.
And yeah, tailor is another great profession.

I pick survivalist (which IMHO renders backpacker moot). Backpack, blazer, cargo shorts + a point in survival for 3 points.

Punk Rock Girl
Trenchcoat
Leather corset
Combat boots
mp-3 player
cannabis
cigarets
refillable lighter

All for good morale!
2 points.

thanks. I am cranking up the number of zombies i get in the option. Started with 4x. You really need a good weapon to start with to do it. The hammer you get from the blacksmith is a very nice melee weapon. I don’t think these other types will do as well without a good starter weapon.

Backpacker Or Student - Just for the backpack since sometimes I get unlucky, find a ton of corpses but can not loot them so I have to mark them to come back later. Sometimes cant even find one on the edge of town in houses or in sporting good, military stores.

Computer Hacker - Point in computers. If I find a sewage treatment center or whatever it’s called then I can bypass the computer and get downstairs and loot some of the lockers etc.

Tinkerer - (I only do this if I am making a specific kind of character and change points from default). Starts with a tool belt and point in mechanics, electronics, tailoring and carpentry. I then put an additional point in mechanics and electronics then one in first aid since those are the 3 skills that help with installing bionics. I usually pick the android trait with this so I have a power supply and a bionic at the start as well since otherwise it might take me a few days or more in-game just to find a power supply CBM haha.

Normally I just pick unemployed since skills can be learned at any time as long as you find the books or practice. These 3 I pick though since they benefit me in some way or another earlier on than normal. I tried few of the others but they did not seem as helpful earlier on.

Survivalist I have tried a couple times though for the blazer and backpack. I probably tried a couple others as well but most seem pretty pointless unless your making a specific kind of character or RP’n anyway.

[quote=“Echo, post:6, topic:2957”]Punk Rock Girl
Trenchcoat
Leather corset
Combat boots
mp-3 player
cannabis
cigarets
refillable lighter

All for good morale!
2 points.[/quote]

Guess they do not need pants :slight_smile: haha.

Anime Convention Goer because I can totally relate having done a stint as duct tape carrier and cosplay repair man…

October Days was a Punk Rock Girl with some changes and I used Sheriff for another character, Mark. My favorite though? Hmm… I dunno. They’re all good!

Oh, and doesn’t everyone get matches and the pocket knife?

No she doesn’t since she starts with a skirt. Great class for early-stage skill training though, what with all the good morale boosting equipment she starts with.

Yes, the pocket knife and matches are generated on every character, which is a bit odd for some (a zombie attacked you in the shower, and you fled, only stopping to grab a pocket knife and a book of matches?).

What’s even more strange/unpleasant is the prospect of where the shower victim character has been keeping that pocket knife and matches.