haven’t checked I got the tiles version eventually and that one runs very well. Will do though. I still believe it had something to do with the framebuffer, whose function I yet have to understand completely but I started trying to get all set up.
Just downloaded the newest curses build. Feeling very smooth so far. Only have I gotten two seg faults. Might be the mods.
Just as an update:
Upgraded my game from 8050 to 8083, Windows Graphical edition. loaded up my savegame from 8050, where i already had some fun, even changed the weather to rain, just to see if any issues show up: Nothing at all. Game seems to run very smoothly, barely uses any CPU and not even 1gb of RAM. Keep in mind, I have a heavily modded game, with 49 mods of varying sizes and I’m using the MSX+ Dead People Edition Tileset, so those numbers could actually be lower, depending on Tileset and mod usage.
Apologies for having neglected to update this thread;
having compiled the experimental solved pretty much all fps-related issues,
… as i was previously using 0.C from the user repository.
I’m still not sure if the problem was part of the 0.C release, pacman package from the repo, or something on my end. But that matters little. tho we should probably make sure 0.D gets a solid port to our distro when it comes out.