A Wild Wiki has appeared!

If you add your names to the wiki page because you can’t be bothered to make your account and have your name tagged to the history, do not be surprised in the slightest if the next person who comes along removes your name. That’s the only thing I’ll say on the issue.

If it persists, it’ll be viewed as vandalism and I’ll just ban your IP.
Which reminds me, GlyphGryph, I need admin on the wiki :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh… I’ll let this talk for itself

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Rifles

vs

http://whalesdev.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rifles

Should be highest priority for the wiki, I dont think anyone wants to redo the whole wiki from scratch. The extension is part of the system that practically allows us to copy definitions from the source, format it quickly (replace , with | from what I saw) and paste it right into the wiki.

And it’s used in almost every template.

I’m thinking I might do a little more work on some icons for the wiki, perhaps ones a little more fitting as an icon and not a placer.
Also why am I not moderator of anything Cataclysm? I mean I made the picture I’m basically one of the driving forces on the team.

Tase, it’s not the highest priority because once the extension is installed, that will all magically work, even if it doesn’t now.
Just keep copying things over and correcting the data and I’ll try and get an opportunity to fix it.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:25, topic:364”]Tase, it’s not the highest priority because once the extension is installed, that will all magically work, even if it doesn’t now.
Just keep copying things over and correcting the data and I’ll try and get an opportunity to fix it.[/quote]

Ok, will do!

It is done. (I also added spoilers to the forums while I was at it.)

Could noise levels be added to weapons? It’s the one thing that always annoyed me with the old wiki. Not being able to see directly how much noise a weapon makes compared to another.

I’m fairly sure the damage a gun does directly determines how much noise it makes. The only factor that changes that is whether or not it has a silencer added on, which decreases noise by 40%.

In that case, a page dedicated to noise, with detailed stats and formulas.

Like how noise is calculated from damage, whether from guns firing, or a crowbar opening a door.
Or how the distance it is heard is calculated, (fade-off per tile?)
How noisy are footsteps, do footwear modify it, and if so, how? What mutations, perks or bionics affect it, and how?

You know, the useful technical stuff that you can’t just learn ingame. I wouldn’t even know where to start looking for this kind of information, but i very much want it for when i play a methodical game.

I’m having a few issues with the wiki (I’ve modded a major wiki in the past here, would like to contribute).

First, I cannot seem to upload images, is this something that only authorized users may do?

Second, I cannot make any page with external links. The cat photo captcha system does not appear to work at all.

Cheers! Thanks for the Wiki!

Hopefully the second problem is not resolved.

As for the first, feel free to upload to Wikimedia Commons and link to images there.