A way to contain radioactive material?

One of my characters came across an Itchy Crystal, and I was overjoyed to find that it greatly pumped up my speed. However, I found that it also irradiated me, so I decided to leave it behind. Is there something that I can craft that can contain the radiation (or at least mitigate it), even if it keeps me from getting the desired effect e.g. I put the itchy crystal into a lead-lined case and take it out when I need to run from something?

In hindsight, it is also possible that the location where I found the crystal was the only thing that was radioactive. Still, I think it would be nice to have an albeit costly way to package your plutonium cells or atomic whatever for later use.

Aside from wearing a hazmat suit/ANBC suit/power armor 24/7 I don’t think there is any way to protect yourself from radiation emmiting artifacts.

Plutonium cells and atomic equipment only leak radiation if they are damaged so they usually don’t pose a threat to your health.

The radiation scrubber cbm can help with that, too.

To clarify, when you pick it up do you get a message along the lines of “Your skin prickles with radiation”? If so, then the artifact is the source of the radiation and it will only give you radiation when carried, so you can safely stick it in a car trunk for later use.

If you DON’T get a message like that, then the radiation was likely from somewhere else, and the artifact is probably safe to use.

1 Like

Build a wall of lead or make a shield of lead?