A text bug

Version - 0.A
SDL
Windows 7

So, basically, this happens. It could be because I don’t have a font or something. Any help?
The language of the system is russian, by the way.

The language setting is the issue, it’s picking up your system default, but you maybe don’t have a russian font installed for your terminal or something.
If you can change the system language to English in the terminal, it should pick that up, alternately if you don’t need the russian translation you can just delete the lang/ folder and it’ll fall back to english.

Deleting the Lang folder helped. Thanks a lot.

The language setting is the issue, it's picking up your system default, but you maybe don't have a russian font installed for your terminal or something.
This is a font issue. On first run "Terminus" is used. But Terminus don't contain Cyrillic symbols. Btw, may be we need to setup "en_US" locale on default(first run) and allow user to choose language in options?
Deleting the Lang folder helped. Thanks a lot.
Oh... Deleting translation makes me sad. You can read F.A.Q. here [url=http://vk.com/evac_shelter]http://vk.com/evac_shelter[/url]

If that’s generally acceptable, we can do that, all that would be required is making the language option default to English instead of “system default”.
The reason it’s not set up like that is I don’t want to override the user’s choice, but in this case it sounds like the right thing to do.

Ok. There is two possible variants to fix that.

1. Setup default lang to en_US rather system lang.
  2. Setup default font to some font which can store all of possible symbols… I think Anonymous Pro can handle this. But Terminus very very good on ASCII-only. :confused:

So, i think first one is somehow better…

I also got a language issue. My system language is french, I’m on windows seven and i use the 0.A sdl build.
When i tried to launch the game he didn’t displayed anything except a black screen.
I deleted the fr folders in the language directory and the game loaded without any problems.

Deleting isn’t option.
You need edit your config/fonts.json or setup “en_US” language in config/options.txt

UDP
Hmm… i guess French translation too old and may be contain some errors. I will update it tomorrow.