A new thing to make vehicles even more OPed!

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:39, topic:4499”]Heh, that sounded kinda far-fetched, but as a mind exercise:

How much power does a bionic teleporter cost each time it’s used?[/quote]personally i prefer a sonic resonator, especially when looting labs and military bunkers, as it is possible to use up all your power and not have any way to recharge it.

[quote=“infectedmochi, post:37, topic:4499”]Given the future scenario in which Cataclysm takes place, I think magnetic shield wouldn’t be far off, maybe give it some trade-offs like costing lots of batteries or just plain heavier.
The portal shield sounds interesting too, basically the shield would active and deactivate thousand times per second, cutting the colliding objects into many thin pieces.[/quote]

Actually, I rethought it and it wouldnt be necessary for it to switch between on and off states, you could possibly just drive straight into whatever you want and it would simply get teleported out of the way, It would be just like walking into a portal, with the only difference that you are standing still and the portal is rushing towards you at 88mph!

It would possibly need at least 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to operate reliably though.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:42, topic:4499”][quote=“infectedmochi, post:37, topic:4499”]Given the future scenario in which Cataclysm takes place, I think magnetic shield wouldn’t be far off, maybe give it some trade-offs like costing lots of batteries or just plain heavier.
The portal shield sounds interesting too, basically the shield would active and deactivate thousand times per second, cutting the colliding objects into many thin pieces.[/quote]

Actually, I rethought it and it wouldnt be necessary for it to switch between on and off states, you could possibly just drive straight into whatever you want and it would simply get teleported out of the way, It would be just like walking into a portal, with the only difference that you are standing still and the portal is rushing towards you at 88mph!

It would possibly need at least 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to operate reliably though.[/quote]

I don’t think the portal shield is a good idea unless/until you have an idea of how you could destroy an enemy vehicle that has this system and has enough power/fuel to keep it active whenever it would be useful. Does shooting it with an anti-tank mininuke rocket work? Do you want to play in a world where mininuke rockets don’t wreck things?

Actually a vehicular sonic resonator would be more interesting. Maybe not so you can constantly discharge it to punch through a building, but perhaps a quick burst so you can take out all the trees around you to build up space if you get stuck in a forest. Plus, you could do interesting things like build a vehicle frame around a bunker, then stick a resonator on it to crack the bunker open.

Sounds like (ha! ha ha!) a suggestion for another high science weapon, a sort of analogue to the bionic resonator: a sonic cannon that runs on plutonium or something and can be mounted to a vehicle.

like this?

when can we get metal gears?

Back to the “protect from collision damage”/“repair collision damage” ideas.
For 1), I suggest some sort of protective foam applied on top of the boards/whatever (a part which would soak up dmg).
For 2), I suggest a Car Repair CBM.

Nanobot base installed onto the vehicle, activate when car is running for repairs!

Yay.

[size=6pt]Ok sorry I’m bad at this.[/size]

Is this a thing in the exparamentals?

No, because no one got around to actually coding it.

How about an excavator part that could be found in construction sites or subway tunnels ((Attached to a TBM that might spawn there)) or constructed with sufficient skill?

You can’t place anything else where you put it ((Like Spikes/Blades)) and it’s massively damaging/durable.

[quote=“Logrin, post:51, topic:4499”]How about an excavator part that could be found in construction sites or subway tunnels ((Attached to a TBM that might spawn there)) or constructed with sufficient skill?

You can’t place anything else where you put it ((Like Spikes/Blades)) and it’s massively damaging/durable.[/quote]

I love this idea.

And on the less extreme side, battering rams, cow-catchers and snowplows for the front of your vehicles.