A Few Typos

Hi guys,

I’ve found a few typos in-game just recently, and KA101 has suggested that I list these through GitHub, but seeing as I will have to register for that, I thought I would post them here for now, so that they can at least be taken note of.

As I have said before, I know that Rivet (and others) have been going through all the in-game text, but I wanted to help out, to make this incredible game even better!

So here they are:

Tongs - ‘They are is commonly used for cooking.’ - Just need to remove the ‘is’.

Flame-resistant socks - ‘They are lightight…’ - I guess this should say lightweight.

The Compleat Trapper - Should be Complete

Another small one, and this one is quite pedantic, but hey! :wink: The broken laptop, that you occasionally find on scientists’ corpses, does not have a full stop (period) at the end of its description. Currently, it just says something along the lines of ‘just a paperweight now’

Lastly, while examining the guns and ammunition in a gun-nut’s basement, I came across these:

Casull Round - ‘The .454 Casull round a very powerful…’ - There needs to be an ‘is’, or at least a semicolon.

USP .45 - …after subjected to extreme abuse…’ - ‘being’ needs to be inserted, so that it will read ‘after being subjected to extreme abuse…’

I also noticed that the Mosin-Nagant M44, the RM216 SPIW, the Ruger 10/22 and the Single Barrel Shotgun all have a damage of 0, according to their descriptions. Of course, there are bound to be loads more typos, and weirdness in the weapon descriptions, but this is a start, at least.

Hope this helps… :wink:

That one is correct as an archaic spelling, which is intentional in this case. The rest of those are legit typos.

That means they use the base damage of their respective ammunition. Load one up and it will display the actual damage.

Thanks for finding these, a PR has been filed to fix them.

Haha, thanks Rivet.

As for the Compleat Trapper, I had an idea it might be something like that, but thought I’d include it, just in case… :wink:

Oops, just found another typo. Not sure if it’s worth fixing them one by one or what, but I’ll report it here anyway.

This one is in the electrohack description. It’s the first time I’ve ever come across one in-game.

Electrohack -‘This device has many ports attached, allowing to to connect…’ - Just needs the first to to be replaced with it.

Edit - Something else that I noticed, which seems odd to me: I found a tin of curry, and in the description it says (fresh) and then ‘…this food is perishable, and will eventually rot.’ If it’s in a tin though, it should last for a very long time. I have found various other tinned goods such as salmon, corn and pineapple, and these never have the above in their descriptions. Just a thought… :wink:

Edit 2 - Vegetable Soup and Meat Soup, both canned, also have the (fresh) tag…

Thanks KA101. Glad to see another typo fixed…

BTW, does anyone else think that the labelling of some tins is strange? Tomato Soup doesn’t have the (fresh) tag but, according to my research, it is high-acid products, such as tomatoes, that are more likely to cause problems with their containers… :wink:

[quote=“JazzGuru, post:5, topic:6999”]Thanks KA101. Glad to see another typo fixed…

BTW, does anyone else think that the labelling of some tins is strange? Tomato Soup doesn’t have the (fresh) tag but, according to my research, it is high-acid products, such as tomatoes, that are more likely to cause problems with their containers… ;)[/quote]

I know I didn’t file the PR? Rivet’s been eliminating the typos. Thanks, Rivet.

Cool beans anyway, whoever did it.

I’m sure I’ll find more… :wink:

Hi,

In the latest experimental, there is a tiny typo in the new acorns item.

In the description it says something like: ‘…but they’re not not very good for you…’