9mm ammo

so today I found out you could EASILY take out turrets in Labs and have tons of 9mm ammo.
I have 500 atm and can get more and began to think

“time to wipe out an entire city O.O”…

but I looked into the ammo and found its not the best havent been able to use it just yet becuase I need to go back to an LMOE shelter (far away) to get a 9mm gun i left there.

So anyways

Is the ammo any good?
Whats the best gun to use it in?
What should I do with it?

You could always change it into another type of ammo as long as you have cases and it’s also uses the same primer. I use ammo for guns I don’t want to use as resources for reloading other ammo types. To do this you need a kinetic bullet puller and press & die set. The press & die set uses power. Your firearms skill determines what you can reload.

Why didnt I think of this :smiley:
I was already thinking about changing it to a high level 9mm ammo like +p+ :stuck_out_tongue:

the only problem is that i need that casing.

or you can use any of the 9mm submachine guns, on burst they rip almost anything apart (didn’t test it on hulks though, but normal zeds i take 2-3 with 1 burst, and i am at 2-3 skill). Atm i have a TEC-9, 32 clip/8 burst, no silencer.
When ammo is no problem, i’d recommend a Calico, 50 clip/20 burst, but any 9 mm SMG would do.

I kinda dont want to burst based on it wastes a ton of ammo…I mean 3 or 4 at a time would be fine but 8?

Yeah, burst is a waste until there’s a brute or a hulk charging at you and you just don’t want to have that thing in your face. So it’s nice to have the option in a pinch, but I mostly like to use SMGs like pistols with very large magazines so I don’t have to reload as often. Basically SMGs are the most versatile guns in the game imo. They don’t have the range or stopping power of the rifles/assault rifles but they don’t weigh as much either.

The TEC-9 is the highest damage 9mm SMG, holds 32 rounds fully loaded. But if you want something that won’t need to be reloaded anytime soon, the Calico sacrifices damage but holds 50 9mm rounds fully loaded. (Frankly though, if you’ve fired 32 shots and haven’t had a free moment to reload, the Calico probably isn’t going to save you)

Burst isn’t a waste of ammo, 'cause it can take up to 3 zeds at once if they’re close together, and with ammo counts in the thousands, who needs saving :slight_smile:

ever since they changed robot drop lists, all my characters have been 9mm smg users. My observations on what I found. . .

Once your skill gets high enough (like 8+) you will always headshot. Regular 9mm ammo can kill any zombie except a hulk in one shot with a headshot.
I find the mp5 to be the best, since it has the best accuracy and recoil of the 9mm smgs. You will be able to kill 8 zombies with a burst of 8 from it. So, burst is totally worth it.
Raiding a decent sized lab will give you over 1000 bullets. Once you reach this point you can drive into any town and nothing can touch you. It really needs some nerfing IMO. (although I guess skill rust nerfs it, but I dont use that :/)
Really, with enough ammo you will be invincible*. Theres only a handful of enemies that both have high armor and a range attack, everything else will die instantly.

*I haven’t died since 0.2, YMMV

Well in based on these anwnsers ima find me either a TEC-9 or or MP5 and raise my gun skill to 8…

That plus I think Im going to take apart the 9mm bullets and re-make them into 9mm +p+ once I get the supplies since +p+ gives you 4 more damage.

anyway, all fire weapons are OP atm with statics spawn, because there is no need for silence anymore. They were balanced with dynamic spawn in mind, now they need a totally different balance for static only. Never has it been so easy to face the undead horde. They can’t run(mostly), they can’t shoot (mostly), they can only mob you if you let them. Poor poor zeds. And now with the 9mm exploit…, after the invincible cars of Zombicalypse , this game need a rename : Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead for Zombies

Which is exactly one of the reasons I play on dynamic mode. It’s much more fun.

That’s cause on static spawns right now site is almost equal with sound. Unless the zombie is behind/in a house and then they may not hear what’s going on.

I dunno, I have dynamic spawn on and my guy is pretty happy with a Glock 19 and 9mm bullets, I can even take out skeletons at range, the only thing I can’t take out at range is smoker zombies but I have a gas mask just for them.

I need tank bots or something to give me a reason to bring out +P+ bullets or to grab the HK Railgun from my truck.

With a firearms and handgun skill of +5 you don’t need SMG’s and burst you can just shoot everything that gets close and still have time to reload.

The MP5 at highish skill levels is a head shotting machine that insta-gibs most enemies and if there’s a crowd close together and you in range you can kill about 4 of them with burst fire in one go.
My char has about 5000 9mm bullets from robots, gun stores and destroying glitched Von Neumann turrets.

If you can find an H&K UCP 9mm and a couple hundred rounds of 4.6mm I’d recommend that over any 9mm gun. 9mm converts 1:1 for 4.6mm so as long as you collect your casings and hit up labs/bunkers/outposts for some robot killing now and then you’re unlikely to ever run out. Sure it doesn’t do as much raw damage as 9mm, but it still 1 hit headshots nearly everything and has so much armor piercing I think it completely ignores armor. The only problem I’ve had with it is on headless enemies, it still works, it just takes way more ammo than I’d like. It looks like an FN Five-Seven wouldn’t be substantially different.

Standard 9mm is pretty useless against Hulks and soldier zeds due to the pitiful AP.
It’s pretty good against everything else, though.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:17, topic:1061”]Standard 9mm is pretty useless against Hulks and soldier zeds due to the pitiful AP.
It’s pretty good against everything else, though.[/quote]
I argue otherwise I have killed hulks a soldier Z’s no problems with my H&K MP5. Hulk I panicked because it was close range and burst fired it, it died to a single burst possibly not even a full one using standard 9mm I never use the other variants of 9mm.

I’ve never played dynamic spawn…Well I have only been playing for a few days but still I think ill try it out soon.

[quote=“Caconym, post:18, topic:1061”][quote=“Iosyn, post:17, topic:1061”]Standard 9mm is pretty useless against Hulks and soldier zeds due to the pitiful AP.
It’s pretty good against everything else, though.[/quote]
I argue otherwise I have killed hulks a soldier Z’s no problems with my H&K MP5. Hulk I panicked because it was close range and burst fired it, it died to a single burst possibly not even a full one using standard 9mm I never use the other variants of 9mm.[/quote]Ah, I was thinking about the pistols. USP 9mm and the Glock 19 generally don’t seem to have enough penetration on a per shot basis for me. Yeah, it’s feasable with SMGs. I’ve even taken out hulks before with the Mac-10.