.50 caliber rifle - problem!

i have a problem.
i have a big problem.
i have a very BIG problem.
i can not take %subj% - i can not wield this.

I took off everything! EVERYTHING! even underwear!
I’m standing in the middle of the street - naked as papuan, or like an idiot (who like more), but - still can not wield .50 rifle. “You can not take a .50 rifle in one hand” - game said to me. shit! what, damn, why? What I forgot to “buy” in a nearby supermarket arms? :slight_smile:
my nerves are not enough - even after the third drunk bottle Molotov cocktail :slight_smile:
may be to wield a rifle, my character must be Schwarz-Negro? :wink:

ok. i goto (not goto - gosub :wink: search forum. Search Forum has not led me to any more or less reasonable conclusion and offered no solutions.

and i do not know - where i went wrong?
i want to wield “my precious”!!! :slight_smile:

You didn’t happen to install a blaster arm, did you?

It is also possible that one of your arms is currently completely damaged.

blaster arm?
wait… o, shi…
yes :frowning: i have this.
and - so what? do i need to delete this implant?

no! I have two fully functional arms :slight_smile: not damaged !!!
It is not damaged. :slight_smile:
and, unfortunately, not ++reinforced

i have installed blaster. :frowning:
and it not may be removed :frowning:
.50 rifle need a bipod :slight_smile:

ok. i hacked bipod to .50 rifle. but this not helps to me. :frowning:
problem in character and game-engine. game not give to 1-handed character ability to use 2-handed weapon, even if bipod attachet to weapon.

but i help myself - Q :slight_smile: ->new life without installing blaster.

Edit your save to remove the blaster if you don’t want it.

We should probably give some other disadvantage to blaster, too many people have problems with it.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:7, topic:10103”]Edit your save to remove the blaster if you don’t want it.

We should probably give some other disadvantage to blaster, too many people have problems with it.[/quote]

If we treated it like other bionic weapons would that work? Basically so that the penalties for using it are even harsher (can’t pick up gear at all) but so they only apply when using it.

This assumes we can make it drain bionic ammo when firing though, since fusion blasters normally rely on the activate function to fire.

Then again, I’ve always found it annoying as hell having to go to the bionics screen, then hit the key for it every single shot.

Allowing macros would be pretty nice.

Does the Fusion Blaster Arm Bionic tell you that you’ll lose an arm in the description? I never bothered to read it, but I do have one lying around somewhere…

The FBA is so bad it’s basically just a boobytrap for newbs who install it because it sounds cool and then come here to post when it turns out it crippled their character.

[quote=“Rezalex, post:9, topic:10103”]Allowing macros would be pretty nice.

Does the Fusion Blaster Arm Bionic tell you that you’ll lose an arm in the description? I never bothered to read it, but I do have one lying around somewhere…[/quote]
Yep.

"Your left arm has been replaced by a heavy-duty fusion blaster! You may use your energy banks to fire a damaging heat ray; however, you are unable to use or carry two-handed items, and may only fire handguns."
It's definitively not worth losing an arm over [i](unless you want to roleplay a cyborg)[/i]. But it makes for a serviceable weapon once in rifle form.

Another cause Rivet noted in another thread…

How low is your strength?

No, it makes a stupidly-brokenly AWESOME weapon once in rifle form. 4 bionic energy (easily and infinitely replenishable) for one of the strongest weapons in the game, and it’s area-effect no less? Much as it pains me to think about, it would probably be worth 100 points a shot, really.

OK, yes, it usually destroys the loot. By the time you have it, you seldom need much in the way of loot, anyway.

But then you can’t be Megaman. ;w;

1 Musket have a Bipod. Musket is a Heavy Rifle. but Musketeer fire Musket by One Hand and Bipod installed. or - with two hand without Bipod.
2 maybe bipod can helps in the future?
bipod may have FLAG forced_use_two_handed_weapon - which override default weapon FLAG.
or something like this.
bipod as mod.
and .50 rifle HAVE available space to install bipod - simply because of their BIG size. :wink:

in the Russian city of Kovrov made domestic 12.7 caliber rifles (.50) - and they are very large. :slight_smile:
And do you think that those rifles can not put a bipod? Of course there is a bipod.
So if there is a place for Russian rifles caliber - you will certainly find a place in rifle .50 which is in the game :slight_smile: it seems everything is logical :)…

though - maybe I can overstate the possibilities of the game. but the game goes on, right? and… one days, in the future…

Does seem like that rifle, along with the LMGs, need a bipod, yes. Problem is the bipod uses the “underbarrel” slot last I checked, meaning you’d be able to slap an M203 on an M249 or other absurdities.

The problem here is that your character chopped off their arm to install a fusion blaster. The end of one of your arms is now both a combination stumb and energy weapon (something that lacks fine manipulation and that you wouldn’t want to put to much weight on). It doesn’t matter that a bipod would let you fire such a large weapon with one hand, the issue is that you’ve got only one hand to carry around a rifle (an especially large one at that), a weapon designed for two handed carry that you now lack an extra hand to carry and wield it with.

I always thought, why not have a bionic that can operate a prosthetic hand. I mean, it’s the future and you got bionics that can teleport you and can create a field of artificial night, surely a prosthetic limb can be done. Like… a bionic that can help you control a prosthetic hand for the sole purpose of working with the fusion blaster arm, and you also have to craft a mechanical prosthetic that you wear, and remove if you have to use the blaster.

And again, if you’ve since removed the fusion blaster CBM, check to see if your strength is high enough.

My point about saying I wish the LMGs could take bipods still stands though. :V

simply add underbarrel slot. :wink:
add [[“underbarrel”],1], to weapon definition in ranged.JSON :slight_smile:

and i look into Wiki - and - all .50 rifles have bipod.